"Auditions"

°°•••♡•••°°

Catherine's pov

I grabbed my phone and sent the audition video. The changes of getting that role are a bit low cause the auditions to that role are public, so everyone between 14-16 years old can do it. But obviously my changes are a bit higher because of what Madeleine said to her manager.

Yesterday Jennifer missed school two. Two days in a row now, she is definitely preparing something. And how do I know? That's easy to guess cause everytime she's sick she makes sure that the whole school knows, so she can get people's pitty.

Yesterday was also the day of my teather play presentation. It went pretty good actually I was expecting that I was going to make a mistake but I didn't! I'm pround of myself.

I'm having English now, not gonna lie, I don't really like it, and again, no signal of Jennifer.

I haven't talked to Alice or Mary in the past two days.

Mary is busy walking around with David and Alice found another group of people to hang out with. It's a bit sad for me, I know.

"Did you understand? If you have any questions feel free to ask before I start to teach the new things!"

Our English teacher, Mrs. Lodge, worries a lot about her students, even though many of them don't care about her. She is a good person but many people don't see it. I feel bad when she is trying to teach us something and someone starts to make fun of her, and her job. She gives her best but unfortunately many people can't appreciate that.

Right when she was starting to talk again someone opened the classroom door.

"Oh I'm so sorry Mrs. Lodge! May I come in? I'll explain everything once I sit down!"

Great. And here she is.

"Sure Jennifer, take a sit next to Catherine, it's the only sit avaliable right now."

You got to be kidding me. There's no way she is sitting next to me. The class is almost over but I don't care! I don't suport that bitch, not even a little bit.

But I couldn't do anything about it.

"Hello my dear friend!" She said when she sat next to me.

I sighed and just ignored her. She noticed that, of course, so she turned arround trying to get the teacher's attention.

"Mrs. Lodge, I've been busy in the past two days  but trust me, it'll worth it!"

That's suspicious for sure. I bet that in the next break time, the lunch one, she will spill everything out. She loves to get everyone's attention.

[...]

I just finished eating my lunch, I still have 30 minutes left so I decided to sit on a bench outside the cafeteria listening to music.

Not more than 5 minutes passed when I saw an amount of people surrounding a girl.

And guess who that girl is?

Yes. It's Jennifer. Who else would it be?

I turned off the sound of my headphones to try to listen to anyone who came from that bunch of people.

"There is no way she did that!"

"I can't believe! If everything goes right we will have a famous person in this school!"

Wait a second. Nah, it can't be.

Everyone that was together in that gigant bubble of people spread arround and I finally saw Jennifer leaving the middle, and she started to talk over to me.

"How's my favorite loser going?"

"Better then you for sure."

"How rude from you! Well but that can be true, have you heard what's going on? I, Jennifer, did an audition to a big role and guess what? It isn't avaliable anymore!"

I still had my wired headphones on, turned off, obviously, but I took them off and I faced her.

"Sorry, can you repeat again? My favorite song was playing, so I couldn't let that slide." I fake smilled.

She knew I heard her but the people that stared to surround us didn't, so they laughed at her.

"Look Cath-"

"It's Catherine for you." I interrupted her.

"Whatever, I don't care! You know that your little theater fame from this school is not leading you anywhere. So you'll be forgotten and I will be a star and the whole word is gonna know my name! Oh, and I wasn't supposed to miss school yesterday, I can't stand your face while acting, so I stayed home for my own sake."

"I didn't even noticed that you didn't came. But... Are you finished? My class is starting and I don't wanna be late." I said while getting up. "Thank you for the information, it'll be forgotten by tomorrow morning."

I left that place, finally. So Jennifer really did the audition too, and lied to everyone that the auditions were already closed. She made sure to remind me that she was going to be 'famous' but honestly, her acting skills are completely shit, that's why she wasn't choosed to play any characters in our school plays.

I walked to the class and hoped that it'll end soon. I can't tolerate this place anymore.

My dad doesn't know about the audition yet, only my mom knows because I had to ask her for permition cause I'm still a minor. My dad wasn't home at that time.

[...]

I was doing some homework when an email popped up. I looked to my computer to see whl sent the email.

"Wait, this is Maddy's manager's email."

I opened it, my hand where shaking a bit.

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your audition!

Soon we will contact you saying if you passed or not.

Have a great day.

"JESUS CHRIST! I thought it was something else!"

Well, it was kimda obvious, I sent the video yesterday, it's impossible to get an answer in one day.

And now all I have to do it wait.

🌻🌻

I can't stand Jennifer!

Any thoughts for the next chapter? I wanna see yall's predictions.

Vote and Comment!