Maze Runner

Catherines's pov~

IT'S BEEN two months since the day Mason and I talked, and I can't feel happier than what I am right now. I made the right friends, and I dare to say that we are almost like a family. We don't judge each other.... Well, we actually do, but it doesn't matter.

Today, we have a day off, we deserve. In just one month, we already did a LOT. We've already done many scenes. Sadly, the ghost boys aren't going to appear anymore. If I'm not wrong, they already did their scenes, but they'll stay with us (gladly). What we need to do is my main part (spoiler guys: When Finney finally finds out who Nessa really is), and some ending scenes.

'Oh my god, it's impossible that you did all that in just one month!'

No, it's not. You can do all that with the right motivation and the right people around you.

And me and Mason? What about us? Well, me and him are really close, as friends, or more like best friends. Yes, Maddy is still one of my best friends.

The people from my New York school are asking me a LOT where I am. I don't wanna tell them, and I won't. I'm at a point where I'm starting to stay. "You'll find out later, don't worry about me." That's the best thing I have to say.

But I have a feeling that they are about to announce the cast.

Right now I'm reading a book in our living room. The Cruel Prince, I may add. If you haven't read it, you totally should, I'm obcessed with it. Imagine if some day someone makes a live-action of the books? I would LOVE to be casted as Jude Duarte.

"Helloooo!"

Someone suddenly said in my ear.

"WHAT THE HELL" I jumped out of the couch, with the book still on my hand. I quickly turned around and saw Mason laughing at me.

"Really Mase? You sacred the shit out of me!"

"Uhh sorry Cath." He continued to laugh. "I love scaring you."

"Yeah, yeah, really fun. If I were a cat, I would only have 8 lifes now! Are you trying to kill my human being?"

"Relax Cat." He said as he sat on the couch. I hate when he calls me by a cat to make fun of me.

You are probably wondering how we became from being 'normal' to each other to 'fight for fun'. Well, as the time flew amd we got closer, we started getting more comfortable with each other, so we are just ourselves.

"Would you stop calling me by an animal's name?"

"No."

"Fine, Maze Runner."

(For the ones who don't understand, Catherine calls Mason -Mase-, so sometimes she jokes and calls him -MaZe Runner- replacing the S with the Z.)

"I dare you to call me that one more time!" He sat up and pointed his finger at me.

"Pointing your finger to someone is not nice, Maze Runner. I thought you had some manners?"

"You're playing with fire, Cat. I'm warning you." he told me as he gave one step closed to me, so his finger was touching my chest.

"You sound like those cringy people in one of those tiktok videos with the song Dark Horse by Katy Perry, ya know, that part and don't, make me your enemy". I started laughing as I sang the last part.

"I can't have a straight conversation with you, without you making a goddam joke!"

Mason couldn't help but laugh too. He broke his character and we laughed together. Until we received a notification in both of our phones.