"Late night snacks"

(I haven't reviewed this chapter yet, but enjoy! I'm sure you'll like this one!)

Catherine's pov~

I WOKE UP suddenly with a huge gasp. I had a nightmare. But I couldn't remember what it was, but I know it was bad. Sometimes, I get nightmares, normally about random, but scary things.

I tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn't, so I went down to the kitchen to drink some water.

I grabbed a glass of water, and I leaned against the counter.

"What are you doing here?"

"Fuck!" I jumped. What the hell.

"Heyy, it's just me, there's nothing to be scared about." Oh of course it's Mason. Everywhere I go he's always close. I'm not complaining, tho.

"You scared the shit out of me Mason!"

"I'm not that scary!" He put his hand on his chest in an 'offended' way. "But returning to the first question, what are you doing here Miss?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"Why?"

"I had a nightmare. Don't ask me what it was, cause I can't even remember?" I finally put my cup in the washbasin. "And you? Why are you awake."

"I just couldn't sleep because I drank coffee late. I'm still under the influence of caffeine."

"Mason Thames drinking coffee? That's new." I laughed.

"In my defence it wasn't black coffee, it was an iced coffee. You don't need to judge me, i know you love it too." He said as he grabbed a glass of water too.

"Okay okay! I won't judge you!." I put my arms up in defense.

We both stayed in an awkward silence until I broke it. "Well... I'm going to try to sleep again. Or do you want me to keep you company?"

"I have an idea! But wait, are you sleepy?" Mason asked.

"Nope, I'm not sleepy. What do you wanna do?" I asked in curiosity.

"Let's do a late night snack! And don't worry, it won't wake up the others, this house is huge and the room are in the first floor. And it's 1am, we should be done at three and then get like 4/5hours of sleep "

"It sounds great! We could do some chocolate chip cookies!" I LOVE chocolate chip cookies.

"Let me search a recipe." Mason grabbed his phone and Googled one.

In less than two minutes he found one! So he read it.

.

CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES

Ingredients:

· Butter: This classic chocolate chip cookie recipe starts with two sticks of butter creamed with white and brown sugars. The blend of sugars creates a perfectly balanced flavor.