Scullery maid

Dream’s pov

All I could hear was my stepmother yelling at me to get up, so I slowly sat up and sighed.

“I’ll be right there stepmother…” I said only for her to yell, “GET UP NOW!! YOU’RE SISTERS AND I ARE HUNGRY!!”

I got up and changed from my night clothes into my outfit of the day. My stupid scullery maid outfit that my stepsister Amelia told my stepmother I should wear. I walked to the door and opened it.

“Good. Go make us our breakfast now.”

I nodded and looked down while walking downstairs, “Yes stepmother..”

I walked to the kitchen and got out the pans I needed to make pancakes, and eggs. I walked to the pantry and grabbed the pancake mix. I walked to the sink and got the mixing bowls. Soon pancakes were on the stove, cooking as I sighed. It’s been 4 years since me and Nick have actually talked to each other. Occasionally, I see him passing when I’m in the market buying things. But, we never talk to each other. I didn’t realize that the pancakes were starting to burn until I smelt it.

“GOD DAMN IT!” I yelled as I took the pancakes off the stove.

I ended burning my hand in the process and groaned as I slid the pancake onto a plate. I  finished making everyones breakfast but mine and decided to put them on a tray just to be able to bring them upstairs. I almost tripped over my stepmother car, Stefan.

“Ugh stefan move!” I said while gently tapping my foot against his bottom.

He hissed at me and darted upstairs where I followed.  I slowly opened my stepmothers door and sat the tray on her bed, “Here you go stepmother…”

“Good My breakfast finally arrived. Now go away and give your sisters their breakfast!”

I nodded and silently left, closing the door before going to my stepsister’s room. I knocked only to get a snore for a reply. I sighed and opened the door, before setting the tray’s down. I scoffed and then opened the windows.

“Good morning sleepy heads. Breakfast is ready.” I said as sunshine filled their room.

Amelia groaned and Alyssa covered her head. I walked to them and took the blankets off of them.

“Now get up! Breakfast is here!” I said while grabbing their trays and giving it to them. Alyssa smiled and grabbed her fork while Amelia just rolled her eyes.

“Thank you clay!” Alyssa said.

“You’re very welcome.” I said before walking out of the room. I started walking to the kitchen and grabbed all the dirty pans. I started washing them only to hum a song both me and Nick loved as kids. I stopped suddenly. Thinking about nick just hurts. I just sighed and kept cleaning. Once the kitchen was done, I moved to the dining room. Soon it was noon and I was cleaning the entrance hall, while humming softly to myself. Upstairs my stepmother was playing the piano while Amelia was singing and Alyssa was playing the flute. That’s when i heard a knock on a window and saw Nick right there, with a grin on his face.

-