3 - Goode

Two Years Later

Percy Jackson

"Mom, I don't want to go to school," I whined.

"Honey, it'll be fun! A new place, a new start," she promised, lightly placing her hand on mine.

My mom and I had moved to New York. Oh, and Smelly Gabe. My asshole of a step dad.

After separating with Dad, Mom was having money troubles. She married Gabe, who promised to help. I didn't know what he did, but it got us money. Though, half the money was used for his stupid drinking addiction and poker games. I hated him, he hated me.

"Whatever. Bye, Mom," I said, kissing her goodbye. She smiled, watching me jog out the door and down the street.

I got there just in time. The bus was loaded with kids when I got there. I got a seat by myself. I didn't feel like interacting with humans.

It was early February. I had started school late. This meant everyone had someone. Except for me. High school students littered the school campus. Some were in groups, some were reading, and some were making out before class would start. I made my way to the front office.

A girl standing by the front desk when I walked in. From the back, I could see she was wearing leggings and a sweatshirt. Her hair was a mixture of blonde and brown, which looked fake. She must've heard me, because she turned around.

"Oh, it's a new guy," she said, give me a once-over look. I was wearing simple jeans and a black shirt. I was a bit tan from living by the sea, and I'd grown taller over the years.

"Yeah, do you know where I can find the principal?"

"Not so fast, hottie. What's your name?"

"Percy," I said. "Can you answer my question?"

"Well, Percy, I'm Drew. And single," she winked. It was a small, sly gesture. I felt uncomfortable already.

"Cool, so the principal?"

"That way," she pointed, talking with a flirty yet irrigated tone. She must've wanted to talk. I didn't.

"Thanks," I said, rushing to the principal's office. When I got there, I opened the unlocked door; the principal was sitting at his desk.

"Hello, is there something you need?"

"Um, yeah. I'm the new kid. I need a school schedule."

"Name?" He asked.

"Percy Jackson."

"Grade?"

"Junior."

"Are you an advanced or basic student?"

"Er, basic."

The principal printed a sheet with my school schedule printed on. The only class I was advanced in was Greek. My dad used to teach me.

"Thank you, sir," I said, leaving. The principal nodded.

As I left, I realized I didn't learn his name, I wheeled around and saw it printed on the door.

Mr. Meme or something.