10 - RED in Action

Rachel

Monday morning, I had to decide what to wear. It had to be flirty, but not slutty. I would have Percy Jackson in my hand by dismissal.

In the end, I put on a leggings and a dark blue sweater. The sweater was a crop-top sort of sweater. If I raised my hands, you could see my flat stomach. I also had on some sandals and a small gold necklace. Class and ass. Check.

(A\N: *barfs while writing*)

For makeup, I only had on some foundation, concealer, blush, eye liner, mascara, bronzer, and dark red lips. Totally natural and the real me.

Then, I got into my car, my parent got it for me a while ago, and drove off for school.

I knew Percy's schedule. He had the same math class as me. Annie was in the advanced classes, so it didn't matter. Plus, they couldn't have gotten far. They'd only been together for like a week.

Second period, the class I'd been waiting for. Percy was sitting in the back corner, playing on his phone.

"Oh! I didn't know you were in this class, Percy!" I said, taking the seat next to him.

"What? Oh, yeah. I guess I am."

"What are you doing on your phone?"

"I'm texting Annabeth. You know her, right?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Yeah, I do."

"Cool," Percy said, smiling down at his phone.

Class began.

"Alright, students. Today, we'll be doing group studies for the exams coming up. Get into pairs and help each other," the teacher said. I rolled my eyes, as did half of the class.

"Hey, Rachel, wanna work together?" Percy asked, finally putting his phone down.

Yes!

"Okay," I said, scooting closer. I pulled out my notes to fake study with him.

"Man, I wish I'd gotten here later. I would've missed the exams."

"Hey, Percy. If you need more help studying, we could study after school together."

Percy thought about it. "Nah. Annabeth could help me study. She's really smart."

"She might not know what we're learning."

"I could tell her," Percy pointed out. "I'm not helplessly stupid."

"I never said you were," I said, placing a hand on Percy's arm. He slowly moved it away.

"Look, Rachel, you're cool, but I don't think Annabeth would like it if we hung out like that. We're just friends."

"Why? I thought you two were just friends."

"Well, we're taking things slow."

I smiled. "That's sweet, Perce. But I'm just your friend. I just want the best for you. And I know Annabeth better than you."

"I doubt it. She and I are pretty close."

"Percy, me and Annabeth uses to be really good friends. She ditched me for her new group of friends. I don't want her hurting you."

"That's real nice of you, but I can take care of myself."

I couldn't believe. I was late. Over one weekend, they'd started dating. I had to stop this.

"Okay, Percy."

Annabeth

At lunch, I made my way to my table. I was the first one there.

But I wasn't alone.

"Sup, blondie," someone said. I turned around. It was Rachel.

"Hey, Rachel. Do you need something?"

"Yeah, I do. We need to talk."

"Um, okay."

"I like Percy."

"Um, good for you. I like Percy too," I said. But I knew what she meant.

"No, I mean I wanna date him. You need to back away, bitch, before things get ugly."

I laughed. "Try me, Red. I don't wanna hurt you."

"Oh look, there comes Percy," Rachel said, looking at Percy, who was looking at us in confusion.

"Hey Annabeth. Rachel."

"Well, I have to go. Treat him well, Annie," Rachel said, smiling.

"What was that?" Percy asked, sitting next to me.

"I don't know. I think she likes you."

"I know she does. She's not very subtle."

"Let's forget about it," I said, turning to Percy. Behind him, the others were here.

"We were right!" Thalia said. "You two are dating."

"Shut up, Thals," Piper said. "Give 'em space. You can't force a couple into having sex by taunting them."

"You shut up, Piper," I said, blushing.

"Why was Red here anyways?" Hazel asked.

"She likes Percy," I said. "She was threatening me. Real subtle."

"What was she threatening you with?" Percy asked.

"Absolutely nothing," I said.

She had nothing on me.

(A\N)

Have I ever told you guys how amazhang you are?

No srsly. Shoutout to those of you that comment, vote, FORCE ME TO FREAKING UPDATE, tell me I'm doing well, and that read my other fanfics. You guys are like my wattpad fam.

*fist bumps you*

And I saw someone comment that they rly didn't want me to give up on this fic. I won't. Have I ever given up on a fic?

Oh, and shoutout to those who put up with my shitty af A\Ns and rants on my rant book.

(((lowkey advertising myself)))