21 - Busted

Annabeth

So, I bet you're wondering what happened to Rachel and Drew and stuff. Let's get to it, then.

I drove Percy to school that Monday. We hadn't talked a lot over the weekend, but that's because we both knew this would happen. School.

Our friends were probably gonna question us about what had been going on. Piper, Hazel, and Thalia had all called. Thalia specifically had threatened me. But, you know.

"Are you sure this was Rachel?" Percy asked.

I nodded. "It has to be. Sneaky and creative. So Rachel."

"We'll test it out, first," Percy said.

"So do we just confront them?" I asked Percy. We were a couple miles away from the school. Almost there.

"Why don't we crush their hopes, first?"

"Wow, Seaweed Brain. That sounded dark.

"Very funny. I'll tell Rachel we're back together. See how she reacts. Drew? I think we should forget about her. She's just a whore."

"True," I muttered, stopping at a red light. "It's Rachel that set this up."

The end of the year was around the corner. Rachel thought she had Percy. I wasn't gonna let that happen. The school came in sight, and I slowed down, parking the car in its usual space. Most kids usually had places they liked to park their cars. I sorta did, too.

I got out of the car alongside Percy, grabbing my backpack before shutting the door and locking the car with my key.

Percy grabbed my hand. "Good luck, Wise Girl. I'll see you at lunch."

I smiled. "Tell me how it goes with Rachel."

Percy

The class I'd been waiting for finally arrived.

Rachel sat in her usual spot beside my seat. She smiled an innocent smile as I sat down.

"Hey, Perce. How are you holding up?" Rachel asked, turning her body to face me.

"Actually, Rachel, Annabeth and I made up."

Rachel mouth dropped. Her eyes flew open, shocked and filled with emotion. Her hand clenched into a tight fist.

"Wow, Percy. You must be happy."

"Yeah, of course. It took some time, though. Annabeth refused to talk to me in the beginning. She still doesn't like to talk about it."

"So, what happened?" Rachel asked. A simple, friendly, and curious question.

"Well, I begged her to talk to me, and when she did, I told her everything. It was a very well thought out plan."

Rachel smiled. "I'm happy for you, Perce. You and Annabeth deserve each other."

It was my turn for my mouth to drop open. "What?"

"Sorry, Percy. You'll never forgive me, but I'm sorry."

Rachel's eyes were teary. Her breathing hitched and her pale cheeks burned red.

"Rachel, please don't cry," I said. "It's okay, okay?"

Rachel nodded.

We didn't talk again.

Third Person

Annabeth was glad. She was practically skipping to lunch. Her hair bounced around her even higher than Hazel's.

Then she stopped. A hand clasped around hers, pulling her gently. Annabeth turned, expecting Thalia, or Piper, or Hazel.

But all she got was Rachel.

"Hey, Annie," Rachel said, sounding like middle school Rachel.

"Don't call me Annie," Annabeth said, pulling her hand away with force. Rachel winced.

"You know it was me, don't you?" Rachel said. Her voice was drowned my the yells of high schoolers going to lunch.

Annabeth nodded.

"And you know I had a thing for Percy."

Annabeth nodded again, glaring at Rachel.

"And, I want you to accept my apology."

Annabeth stopped. She had expected a harsh comment. Back off, bitch or You're just a nerd or He probably likes me more.

When someone says that, you don't automatically forgive them.

"Very funny, Rachel," Annabeth said.

"Annabeth, please. What I did was stupid. I don't know what got into me. I feel awful." Rachel looked vulnerable. She still had on a ton of makeup, which was now streaming down her face.

Annabeth sighed. Truth be told, she had missed Rachel. They had been an iconic duo in middle school. Rachel coming back was too good to be true. She dragged Rachel into the girls bathroom, then digged through her bag for a makeup removing wipe.

"Here," she said, handing it to Rachel.

Rachel let out a small smile and took it. "Thanks."

"No problem."

After wiping away at makeup, Rachel looked Annabeth in the eye.

"You really love him, don't you."

Annabeth nodded. "Now all I have to do is tell him that."

* * * *

No one would ever find out why Rachel had a change of heart. If you ask me, I think it was the way Percy Jackson would talk about Annabeth. He was in love. It was obvious.

Rachel's change was weird. One minute bitch, next minute crying. Rachel never really got over Percy, but over time, they became good friends.

Sally? She married again. Paul was really cute, in her opinion.

Now, you probably want me to say Percy and Annabeth got married, had kids, and grew old together.

But let's leave it here. Let's enjoy teenagers being complete idiots when falling in love.

Well, Percy was the idiot. Annabeth was sitting in the sidelines shaking her head.

By the way, Annabeth did tell Percy she loved him.

(A\N)

So i will have a new story out but this is a new demigod at chb kind of thing. Its not percabeth.

So I've seen the new demigod at CHB concept on wattpad before, but they were poorly written omg. ILL TRY RLY HARD ON MINE I SWEAR

ITLL BE OUT SOON. WILL U GUYS READ IT??

BTW THIS STORY IS OVER SO YEAH SO LOOOONG AND GOODNIIIGHT