5 - Who?

Annabeth

Greek Mythology. The class was easy, but it brought back memories. Memories of my mom. That bitch.

A year ago, my dad found out Athena was cheating on him. Affairs. Tons of them. What a slut. My parents filed a divorce, and my mom left. She just left. My dad was stuck with me. His job fell apart. We sold the summer home down in Virginia, and I never went back.

I left people there. Percy Jackson, Grover Underwood. I wondered what they were up to at first. I didn't have their numbers; I thought I'd see them again.

I missed Percy the most. He was clumsy and stupid, but he was my Seaweed Brain. He kissed me, for crying out loud. I fell in love. Or, I think I did. I had promised to see hin again, and the guilt would eat inside me from time to time.

Anyways, my mom used to love Greek stuff. Heck, she was named after a goddess. It sorta ran in the family.

I sat in the mid section. The back was the fuckboys, and the front was the kids who needed glasses. I didn't know anyone in this class very well, I was a loner during this class period.

"Oh, wow," someone muttered. It was a familiar voice. The new kid. Whatever his name was.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to know your name. Oh, and to say sorry. About... snatching your book."

"Whatever."

"Wait, what's your name?"

"Anna-"

The teacher walked in before I could finish. He was an middle aged dude with a beard and curly hair. He was a regular sized version of Hagrid from Harry Potter. His name was Mr. Brunner.

"Good morning, class. As you see, we have a new student today. He has come to join us from Virginia."

Huh, that's funny. Perc-

"His name is Percy Jackson."

No way.

I looked up. Sure enough, there he was. One of my childhood friends. My first kiss. The guy I left behind. He had moved here, of all the places on earth.

I gasped. A loud, clear gasp. Head turned in my direction, giving me weird looks. I put my head down before making eye contact with Percy.

I thought rationally. Well, it could be someone else with the same name. Jackson was a regular name, and Percy wasn't foreign. I'd heard it before. But those green eyes. That black hair. They were extraordinary. It had to be him.

"Miss Chase?" Mr. Brunner called.

"Huh?"

"Are you done, what do you call it, fangirling?"

"Yes, sir," I whispered. Students snickered.

I saw Percy smile. He sat down in the seat next to me, and class continued without any exchange of conversation between us. I didn't know what to do. I was sure it was him, but maybe I was pushing my luck. Maybe I was wrong. The bell rang, and I stood up to gather my things. Before I could leave, Percy called me.

"Hey, wait up!"

I didn't know what to do. Should I tell him? Yes. I would tell him. I turned around to face Percy.

"Hi, Percy," I said, not looking at him. Technically, he hadn't seen my face yet.

"I didn't catch your name."

I looked up. A familiar spark moved across Percy's eyes. Maybe he remembered.

"It's me, Seaweed Brain."

Percy stood there, awestruck. "Annabeth?"

(A\N)

*end on cliffy*

*doesn't update for 2 years*

Jkjk