12 - Reading Buddies

Percy

It was Friday. Annabeth was sitting under a large tree on school campus, reading a book. She was wearing a big sweater and jeans. When she saw me walk towards her, she put the books down.

Finally, she'd chosen me over books. I smiled. "Hey, Wise Girl," I said, putting an arm around her.

She kissed my cheek. "Hey, Seaweed Brain. You're here early."

"Yeah, I wanted to get to school on time today. What are you reading?"

"I'm reading Peter Johnson and the Olympians."

"You're lucky you can read," I sighed.

"Oh, come one. Everyone at this school can read in some way. You probably just haven't found the right book."

"No, you don't understand, Annabeth. I have dyslexia. And ADHD. I can't read."

Annabeth let in a let gasp. She smiled. "That's really funny, Perce."

"What is?"

"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That I have ADHD and dyslexia? Who told you? What is Piper? Thalia? Or maybe it was Hazel. She looks so nice, but once-"

"No! I'm not lying. I really have that stuff."

"Wow," Annabeth said, leaning her head back against the tree. "What a coincidence."

"Our whole lives are a coincidence."

"True."

"Yeah."

"Do you want to?" Annabeth asked.

"Want to what?"

"Read?"

"Well, yeah. I've always wanted to, but I can't. You must be used to it."

"Can I be honest, Perce? It takes me a week to read one book. It's not easy, but you'll get the hang of it."

"You could read to me," I suggest. "After school."

Annabeth smiled. Her skin glowed against the morning sun. "Yeah, that would be cool."

Annabeth

There was a knock on the door. I went to answer it, to find Percy there, wearing a hoodie over his head. His hair looked so cute sticking out.

"Hey, Perce. Why are you here?" I asked, taking off my glasses. I barely wore them.

"You said you would read to me," Percy said, and I remembered our conversation this morning.

"Oh, you meant today."

"Is that a problem?"

"No, no. Come in. We can read right now if you want."

I led him into the living room, where my brothers were playing on their X-Box.

"Go away, guys. I need the living room," I said to them.

"Ooo, who's this boy, Annie? Is he your boyfrieeeeend?" Bobby asked, making kissy faces. I glared at him, which shut him up.

"Get out," I said, pointing to the hall. They left, still laughing. I turned to Percy. "Sorry about those little scumbags."

Percy grinned. "Nah, they're cool."

We sat down on the couch, and I started reading to him. "Let's read the first Peter Johnson book."

"Okay," he said, pulling me closer so he could see the words. We were close enough so that our bodies touched, and I could feel his breath on my neck. If I leaned back even a little, his lips would brush my neck.

"Look, I didn't want to be a demigod..."

(A\N)

I'm pretty sure that's the first line but idek

So yeah. Thaz it. Ya'll wanted me to update.