19 - Madness at the Chase Home

#when ur title sounds like a p!atd song

Annabeth

I woke up in Percy's arms. My hands were resting on his bare chest. His eyes were shut, his lips slightly parted. Percy's hair was flying around, covering a part of his right eye. He looked adorable.

I untangled myself from Percy's grasp. He didn't notice as I got up. I was only wearing a tank top and shorts. My bare legs felt cold against the suddenly chilly temperature of my bedroom.

I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix myself up.

Like a regular teenager, I then checked my phone. The first thing there was a text message from my dad.

Oops! Bobby forgot the charger for his iPhone. Helen is coming back with him in an hour to pick it up. Miss u! Lol

Did he just say 'lol'?

I checked the time the message was sent. 8:47. The time right now was 9:50. More than an hour ago.

I frantically ran over to Percy, who was still asleep.

"Percy, wake up!" I said, shaking his shoulder.

"Noooo," Percy whined. "Five more minutes."

"Get up! My step mom will be here any minute!"

Percy sat up straight to soak in what I just said. His eyes widened and he scrambled to get off my bed.

"Shit! What do I do?" He asked.

"Go hide in my bathroom!" I said, pointing to the bathroom door which I had left ajar.

The door downstairs opened, and I heard it shut.

"Annabeth! It's Helen and Bobby!"

"Coming!" I yelled down the stairs. I pulled on a sweatshirt and ran down the steps.

"Well, we'll only be here for a moment. Bobby needs to get his charger. And I think I left some clothes in the washing machine. I'll go hurry with that."

Percy's shirt. "No!"

Helen turned to look at me with a confused glance. "What do you mean, no?"

"You know what, you're busy. You and Bobby hurry and get back. It's a three hour drive. I'll handle the laundry."

"Well thank you, Annabeth. Come on, Bobby! We have to leave now!"

"Coming Mommy!" Bobby said, skipping down the steps. "I heard someone in Annie's room."

Helen turned to look at me again.

"Oh, that? I was watching a video on my phone. I must've left it on and not noticed."

Helen nodded. She and Bobby gathered some snacks from the kitchen for themselves and left. A sigh of relief escaped my lips.

"Percy, they're gone," I called up the stairs. Percy showed up a minute later, looking refreshed.

"Morning, Beautiful," he said, kissing my cheek.

"That was so cheesy, Seaweed Brain."

"Well that was too close. Why were they here, anyways?"

"My brother left his charger so they drove all the way back here. Those two are so spoiled."

"Lucky. I wish I was spoiled. I'd have a shirt to wear at the moment."

"About your shirt, it's in the washing machine. You can get it out, but it'll be damp."

"Better than nothing," Percy said, shrugging. He went to get his shirt, and reappeared with it on a minute later.

"Well," I said, "are you gonna tell your mom? About, you know, you being here? About Gabe?"

"I'll probably not. Or I might. Or I, well, I don't know. But I'm used to keeping secrets from her," he said.

"Do you want breakfast, Perce? I could make us coffee."

Percy gave me a cheeky grin. "I'd like that, Wise Girl."

Sally Jackson

I was at the store, picking up groceries. My mind kept wandering back to my son, Percy. I was positive he wasn't at a friend's house. Maybe he was a Annabeth's. I'd have to confront him later.

Conveniently, I dropped the groceries I was holding while trying to get out my car keys.

"Oh, great," I muttered, opening my car to throw in my purse. I bent down to pick up the things I'd dropped.

"Would you like any help?" Someone asked.

I looked up. Percy's English teacher, Paul Blofis, was standing there. I smiled.

"Thank you, Mr. Blofis. I'm extremely clumsy."

"Call me Paul. And no worries."

We bent down to pick the things up. In a minute, all the food was in the trunk of the car.

"Thanks again," I said, pulling my dark hair out of my face.

"No problem. You're um, Percy's mom, right?"

"Yes. Yeah, he's obviously not here at the moment."

"Well, his grade has gone up a whole letter. He has a B, which is amazing."

"His girlfriend, Annabeth Chase, helps him study a lot. He even said she reads to him."

"Annabeth Chase is a good student. I shouldn't be telling you this, but she's also dyslexic."

"Really?"

"Yeah. If you have some time, we could grab some coffee. And talk about Percy and... stuff."

I smiled. "I'd like that."

(A\N)

Do u see what ai did there wth sally and perfy

Lol perfy

I am so sorry to anyone who read that ^^^ I was rereading this chapter and I realized how drunk that top line sounded wow. Tf was wrong with me why did I write Perfy and then not erase it I apologize for my stupidity.

Someone told me their taco cat wanted an update.

Taco Cat is my senpai