16 - Hell-Hole

Percy

I rode the school bus home. Surpise, Gabe was waiting for me.

"What do you want, Gabe."

"You ungrateful twit! Why are you home so late?!"

"Leave me alone, asshole," I muttered under my breath.

I turned to head to my room. I didn't get that far. Gabe threw a full bear can at my back, and I stopped, pressing my back and trying to bite in the pain.

"What was that for!"

I looked over at Gabe. His eyes were wide and red. He was drunk out of his mind. He probably wouldn't remember any of this.

"What did you call me?

"Nothing. I have homework to do."

Now, I wasn't so lucky. Gabe usually drank of out beer cans, but what hit my back was no regular empty can.

At first, I felt no pain. Just shock. I could feel warm blood trickling down my back. I knew I wasn't gonna get out of this easily.

Then the pain kicked in. He'd thrown a glass bottle at me. The pain came in stages. At first, it was a stinging. The one you felt when you fell off your bike as a kid. The stinging got worse, until I was hunched over, crying out in pain.

"What did you do?" I yelled at Gabe.

"What you deserved, kid. I told you to stop with the disrespect!"

Gabe shut the front door and left me alone in the house. With all my energy, I made my way to the bathroom, ripping my shirt off. The first thing I did was jump into the shower to wipe off all the blood. I looked in the mirror to find that there were no shards of glass shut in my back. Hopefully, I would heal.

The longest scratch made its way across my back, top to bottom. It was a deep red color, still slightly oozing blood. Maybe if I treated this, I wouldn't need stitches. But I wasn't a doctor and I didn't know.

Annabeth

Percy didn't come to school the next day. Good. I didn't have to worry about seeing him. Rachel kept giving me weird stares all day. Half glare, half smirk. I went to the library again. I didn't want to talk to the others.

I did wonder if Percy was okay, but he had to be. Maybe he had a small cough or just a headache. He'd be back the next day.

After school, I sat at home, staring at my cell phone. Percy had tried to call me a couple of times right after we'd fought. I had ignored those calls.

What if something bad happened to him? He had a step dad, and his mom was always working. He had no one to take care of him.

Whatever, he would manage.

The day after that, Percy was back. He was wearing black jeans and a black hoodie. I couldn't see his face or see if he was okay. It sort of killed me to see him so glum.

I ignored him like usual, but this time, he was the one who was absent at lunch. He was probably making out with Drew in some bathroom. I didn't care.

Percy

At lunch, I saw Annabeth make her way to the cafeteria. Maybe I could finally talk to her. Maybe she'd tell me what I did wrong.

But someone stopped me.

"Hey, Percy. You really don't look good today, is something wrong?" A familiar voice asked.

"I'm good, Rachel. I just think I'm a little sick."

"Should I help take you to the nurse?"

"I'm good."

"Do you need to talk? I'm here for you," she said, putting her hand to her heart.

I considered spilling everything to her. She'd been there for me through a lot. She deserved my trust. But something stopped me.

"No thanks, Rachel," I said.

Annabeth

It was after school, I finally talked to Percy.

My family was away for the weekend, visiting my step-grandmother. Helen's mom. She didn't like me because I wasn't her grandkid. I didn't care. Wow, I say that a lot.

Someone rapidly knocked on my door. When I opened it, Percy was standing there. Wait, did I say standing? I meant leaning against the frame, green in the face.

I forgot all about our relationship. "Are you okay?"

"No," Percy croaked. "It was Gabe."

"Your stepfather?"

Percy slightly nodded my head, until he fell into my arms.

"What happened?" I asked in worry. The only thing I really saw out of order was his face, which was slightly bruised around the left eye.

"Can you help me to the bathroom?"

I nodded, leading his body to the bathtub. He was in a crawling position. With my help, he pulled his shirt off.

Now I understood what pain he was feeling.

(A\N)

((ends on cliff))

im sending an army of chavs to kill all the ppl who fake threatened me in the comments

*breathes heavily on ur nek*

*whispers* the chavs r coming

Listen to "A Little Less 16, A Little More Touch Me" by Fall Out Boy

And mcr. Just listen to mcr in general