🏒| FAKE COFFEE DATES

͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙Saturday, December 10th

Saturday, December 10th

I shot straight out of my lying position as soon as my alarm went off. I quickly snatched my phone off the nightstand, turning the obnoxious sound off. I rubbed my eyes, a loud yawn escaping from my mouth.

"Come on, Esme," I muttered to myself. "You have to hang out with Ethan today. Get dressed." I threw the blankets off me and made my way to the bathroom. My hair looked awful. I dragged my brush through it, attempting to get all the knots out of it.

After a good ten minutes and multiple attempts to pull out tangles I gave up and pulled out my other hair brush, using it to run the bristles through it a few times to remove some of the more matted knots. After that was done, I ruffled through my closet for clothes appropriate for going into the city with a guy I barely knew.

After a few moments I finally settled on a pair of black jeans and a dark maroon sweater, along with a pair of boots that had been left by the door earlier, courtesy of Brooklyn. After finishing my outfit up, I brushed my teeth for what seemed like hours before heading out the door. I ran down the stairs after grabbing my coat and got into my car, starting it up and driving off. I took a quick glance at my passenger seat which held nothing but my wallet, keys, and phone. It seemed like I had forgotten my purse somewhere along the way. Great.

🏒🥅

I looked around, a frown on my face as I watched for him. What if this guy wasn't my type? What if he was annoying? What if he was hairy? I shook all the negativity out of my head, looking down at my feet. It is a fake date after all, it's not like I have to date him after this month.

"Hey," I heard a voice call out to me. I looked up from the ground and saw him running toward me. "Esme?" He asked, slowing down and pointing at me with a goofy smile on his face.

A smile slipped onto my own face while I responded to him, "yeah. You're Ethan, I'm guessing."

He nodded his head before sticking his hand out to shake mine. His hands felt so soft and big when I shook it. He let go and stood in front of me, so I decided to analyze him a bit more. He stood at 5'11, had an adorable charming smile, and he had flowing brown hair. He wore gray sweatpants, a black hoodie with the UMich logo on it, and a black beanie on top of that.

"Let's head in, it's a little cold." He shivered. A little cold? It was currently 29 degrees. It was very cold. He opened the door for me and as soon as I stepped into the coffee shop, a wave of hot air washed over me. I felt myself thaw as the male shut the door behind us. "Uh, have you been here before?" He asked me, shoving his hands into his hoodie pockets.

I looked over at him and shook my head, "nope. I thought you have." He also shook his head. Here it was. The awkward silence of the "first date". I didn't know what to do. We knew nothing about each other. We were just pushed together blindly, his fault of course. I decided to just help him out and ease his nerves. "What do you think you're gonna order? I might go for a caramel iced latte."