🏒| CHRISTMAS SWEATERS AND GIFTS

͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙Tuesday, December 20th

Tuesday, December 20th

I sat on the bench by Elbel Field waiting for Ethan. I promised to meet him here so I could walk him to practice again. This time, we needed to talk about his family since I knew nothing about them. If we wanted it to be believable, I needed to have a basic understanding of his family.

Ethan came jogging toward the bench I sat at with the same gear he had last time I saw him here. "Hey," he smiled.

I smiled back, "Hey." I got up from the bench and we began walking. "So what's your family like? Are your parents together? Do you have siblings?"

"Well," he started, "my parents are Tara and Lee Edwards. I have one brother named Brett and he plays hockey for the University of Denver." He looked down at me.

I nodded my head, "so are you guys a hockey family because you're canadian or...?"

He laughed, "first of all, Fuck you. Second of all, yes. We're a hockey family." He ran his fingers through his hair with his empty hand. "Just know, my mom is very nosy. She will probably ask a lot of questions about your family, about us being together, and your major. She did the same thing to Mark when he came to Canada and I guarantee she'll do the same to Brooklyn."

I nodded my head, "noted. We're still sticking with the same story about us meeting at a party?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Oh, speaking of parties. One of my friends on the hockey team, Rutger, is throwing a Christmas party before we all split for the holidays. The team thinks you're my real girlfriend so they want me to bring you. Would you wanna go?"

"Sure," I agreed. "When's the party?"

"Tomorrow," he answered. "And Rutger asked for the couples to wear matching ugly Christmas sweaters. We could go shopping with Brooklyn and Mark when practice is over."

Why did you wait to tell me this now? I thought while keeping my best poker face. "Uh, okay. Kind of sudden but sure." I shrugged.

"I know, I'm sorry. It just hit me now," He frowned.

When we approached the Yost Ice Arena, we saw a big crowd of people holding signs wishing the UMich hockey players happy holidays and Merry Christmas. "What the hell?" I muttered to Ethan, looking over at him.

"I also forgot about that," he muttered unamused. "Basically at every last practice before we get sent off for winter break, fans and students gather around the arena and wish us a good farewell before the holidays... and paparazzi."

"Shit," I muttered. "What should we do?"

"Follow my lead," he grabbed my hand and led us closer to the arena. Someone yelled Ethan's name, causing the attention to fall onto us with cheering fans. "Alright, I'll see you later." He smiled, lightly pecking my forehead before walking into the arena. When he walked past the crowd outside, some of the crowd looked at me and began whispering.