🏒| RULE 1

͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙Wednesday, December 21st

Wednesday, December 21st

"Esme! Come out!" Brooklyn yelled from outside my bedroom door. She hasn't seen Ethan and I's sweaters yet, and I wanted the reveal to be big.

"Hang on!" I yelled back while putting on the reindeer ears. I looked down at the sweater and searched for the battery box. I found it and switched the lights on and like that, the multi-colored lights on the sweater lit up. I quickly turned it off. "Okay, I'm ready!" I unlocked the door and slowly opened it while smiling.

Brooklyn gasped, "oh my God!" I held up my finger and turned the lights on, her eyes just about popped out of their sockets. "Esme!!! That's so cute!!"

I looked at her own outfit and she wore a sweater with a christmas tree with little bells as ornaments on it. "Yours is cute too! You and Mark have matching ones right?"

She nodded, "yeah! Rutger really only made the couple rule because Ethan suggested it." My eyes narrowed as my eyebrows drew together. Ethan suggested for couples to wear matching sweaters? Why would he do that? "Oh, Mark's here," Brooklyn said after checking her phone. "He said you're sitting in the back with Ethan."

Of course. Brooklyn and I made our way out to Mark's car and I hopped in the back like he told me to. Mark looked back at Ethan and I while smiling, "You guys look adorable."

I looked over at Ethan and smiled a bit, "We do." I saw that he wasn't wearing his reindeer ears, they were still in his hand. "Why aren't you wearing your ears?"

He looked down at the ears in his hand. "They're too tight. They're little girls's reindeer ears," he chuckled.

"Are you still gonna wear them?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah! I'll just wait til we get there." He smiled. I smiled back. Both Ethan and I turned to Mark and Brooklyn who watched us the entire time with sneaky smiles on their faces. "What?" Ethan asked.

Brooklyn shook her head, "nothing. Let's get going." Mark backed out of the parking lot and drove us to the party.

🏒🥅

Ethan put his reindeer ears on while we were outside of the poorly decorated house. Ethan and I holding hands felt natural now, so we entered the house with intertwined fingers. As soon as we stepped foot in the door, Mark and Ethan were bombarded by their hockey friends left and right.

Ethan held me close as he spoke to the other guys. One of them looked at me and smirked, "Oh, shit! There she is, Hughskey! Ethan's girlfriend." He sang while looking over at the guy next to him. "I'm Johnny," the guy introduced himself. "This is Hughskey." He gestured to the guy next to him.

"Luke," he rolled his eyes. "Just call me Luke." He wore a Santa hat and a matching red sweater while Johnny wore a green sweater and elf ears.

"Esme," I smiled back. The two guys were tall compared to Ethan, they were clearly over 6'0.