🏒| CHRISTMAS DINNER

͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙Sunday, December 25th

͙˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙⁺‧͙
Sunday, December 25th

Ethan rolled over in bed and wrapped his arms around me. "Merry Christmas," he whispered in my ear, causing my eyes to open. I turned my head over to him and smiled a bit. "I'm really excited to give you your gift."

"Me too," I replied. I turned my head back over on my pillow and closed my eyes. Laying like this with him was kind of comfortable. I could've fallen back asleep right then and there, but he got up which prevented me from doing that. I got up shortly after him. He yawned as he threw a hoodie on.

I rubbed my eyes and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. Ethan came up from behind me again while I was brushing my hair and began brushing his teeth. I walked out of the bathroom and threw on some fuzzy socks before knocking on Mark and Brooklyn's door. This time, Brooklyn opened the door. "Hey!" She smiled brightly. She looked like she was also getting ready. It also seemed like the hickeys died down on her neck.

"You ready for presents?" I asked her while smiling wide.

"You know it!" She beamed. I went back to the bedroom and grabbed Ethan, Mark, and Brooklyn's gifts before making my way out to the Christmas tree in the living room. I saw Brett, Tara, and Mr. Edwards sitting on the couch while a Christmas movie played on the TV.

"Why, hello!" Tara said, smiling widely. "Oh, you already have the presents now. Just put them under the tree, dear." She pointed to an empty spot under the tree.

After a bit, Ethan, Mark, and Brooklyn came out. "I feel like a kid again!" Brooklyn chirped as she sat down next to me on the floor.

"Ethan? Brett? Could you two pass out the presents?" Mr. Edwards asked while leaning back in his spot on the couch. Brett and Ethan did exactly that. When Ethan put down the present he got me, he gave me a wink before continuing to pass out presents. I stared at the neatly wrapped box. What could be in here? I asked myself while shaking it a bit.

Finally, everyone got their stuff. "Okay, is everyone ready?" She asked while smiling wide. We all said yes and she said, "Alright! Start opening stuff!"

Immediately, I ripped open Ethan's present and saw a white clothing box. He got me clothes? I opened up the box and saw that it was a South Park Last Supper sweatshirt from Hot Topic. "Oh my god!" I gasped, holding up the sweatshirt. "When did you...? How did you...?"

"I remembered on our first date, you mentioned you liked South Park. So when Mark went to the bathroom, I snuck off with him and went to Hot Topic to get you that," he admitted.

A smile melted on my face as I gave him a hug then a quick peck on the cheek. "Now open up mine!" I handed him the wrapped box.

He ripped the wrapping paper off aggressively. He opened up the box and saw the beanie. "Holy shit." Everyone's attention turned to him as he put the cupcake beanie on.

"You are too cute!" Tara laughed while pulling out her phone. She took a picture of him then looked at me. "Esme, hon, get in there!" She persisted. I scooted closer to him and he wrapped his arm around me. I gave a natural smile and rested my head on his shoulder as she took the picture. "Aw, you guys are too cute!"

Brooklyn opened my gift after Mark's, I got her a Taylor Swift Red cardigan. She screamed with excitement and hugged me super tight. "Esme! I love you!" She squeezed me even tighter. "Ethan, I'm taking your girlfriend."

Mark's jaw dropped as he began fake crying. "I can't believe you're breaking up with me!" He started laughing along with all of us.

When Tara opened Ethan's gift, she just about cried. "Oh, Ethan! It's beautiful," she said as she put it on.

"Esme helped me pick it out," he smiled while looking over at me. He was trying to get me brownie points, but I wasn't complaining.

"Esme." She placed a hand over her heart, "I love you like you're one of my own already." She held out her arms for a hug so I gave her one. I almost broke down right then and there. It felt amazing having motherly love when I didn't have one growing up.

🏒🥅

I put on my dress and twirled around in the mirror. I came out of the bathroom and smiled while Ethan buttoned up his shirt. He looked up and at me and looked me up and down. "God, that dress is beautiful. You're beautiful." He kissed my forehead and a wide smile formed on my face.

We made our way out to the dining room where everyone else was. Everyone was dressed so formally, at least he and I fit right in. We sat down at the only two seats left along with everyone else. "Esme, honey, what would you want to drink? We have soda, water, wine, and champagne." Tara asked while getting up from the table. She grabbed Ethan's Coke and waited for my answer.

"Uh, you know I'm 19 ma'am?" I laughed.

"Are you the daughter of a cop?" She joked. "If not, it's completely fine with me."

I laughed at her joke and shrugged. "I'll have some champagne." She poured me a glass and brought the drinks over to Ethan and I. I took a sip of my champagne, it felt smooth going down. "This is really good."

"Bollinger," Tara responded, taking a sip from her own champagne.

I looked over at Brooklyn and joked, "Buy me some." After all, she was 22. I was still 19. Ethan was 20 and refused to drink until he became 21 which I respect.

"Let's eat!" Tara said while smiling wide. There were mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn, steaks, and biscuits for us to eat. I made sure to get everything to be respectful. "Don't forget to make room for dessert!" She said with a wink.

Ethan dug in instantly, "This is really good!"

"Well, I always knew it was your favorite." Tara smiled and began picking at her green beans. "So, Esme. How's your family? Are your mom and dad fine with you being here?"

l swallowed some champagne and scooped up some mashed potatoes. "Uh, yeah. My dad's fine with it. My mom passed away when I was 6." I calmly said. Clearly, I changed the mood at the table. "Oh, I didn't mean to do that. It's nothing to be sympathetic about. It was just her time to go."

Ethan turned to me and whispered in my ear, "You never told me that."

I looked over at him and shrugged. "It wasn't that important," I whispered back. I took a bite of the food before I continued talking. "But, yeah. My dad is fine with me being here. I think Ethan's the first boyfriend I've had who he really likes. He was really respectful and he paid for my meal. You really raised your son well, both of them!"

Mr. Edwards smiled, "Well, I'm glad. Say, Brett? How's your girlfriend? Why isn't she here?" He asked while taking a bite of steak.

"Well since Sabrina spent Thanksgiving here, she decided to spend time with her family for Christmas. I'll be there with her for New Years though," Brett explained.

"Well, tell her we miss her company," Tara said.

Dinner continued on with us laughing, smiling, and telling stories. "One time when these two were really young, like really young, Ethan had broken into my paint cabinet and painted all over Brett's face! He made him into a clown," Mr. Edwards laughed while shedding tears as he told the story. I was already on my 3rd glass of champagne, so I was hysterically laughing as well.

"I didn't know my Ethan was an artist!" I placed my hand in his as he continued telling the story. Ethan looked down at me and smiled. I feel like I have already made my decision. I wanted it to be like this forever, but I was worried that when the honeymoon phase clears, we would have a messy break up like Cynthia and I. But he's not Cynthia.

He's Ethan.

My Ethan.