🏒| RULES

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙Monday, December 12th

Monday, December 12th

I sat out on the Elbel field with my airpods in, my coffee next to me, and a book in hand. I read The Love Hypothesis which is funny because it's basically about the same situation I'm in right now but with obviously different motives. I was pretty bundled up in my coat and beanie while sipping on my hot coffee from the same place Ethan and I met yesterday.

I've seen the shadows of people walk by me in the midday sun, but one of them lingered for a little too long. I heard a faint voice say my name which caused my head to perk up. In front of me stood Ethan with his hockey gear in hand.

He was also bundled up in a coat and beanie while smiling. "What are you doing out here?" He asked, his foggy breath floating in the Michigan cold air.

I took one of my airpods, extremely confused for why he was here to begin with. "Reading," I quickly replied. I slammed the book shut and hid the cover from him, an amused smirk plastered on his face as he watched me.

He held up his hockey stick and tilted his head slightly. "Care to walk me to practice?"

Honestly? No, I wanted to continue reading my book. Realistically? Yes, I need to talk to him about my dad and the boundaries we need to set in this fake relationship. "Yeah," I said as I packed my stuff up and threw my bag over my shoulder. As we walked, I decided to just be blunt. "Look. If I'm gonna go to Canada with you, Brooklyn, and Mark, then you have to meet my dad. It's either meet daddy or no girlfriendy."

He let out a laugh, shaking his head. "Never thought you'd say daddy or girlfriendy."

"I'm serious, Ethan! You have to meet my dad for this to continue," I frowned while looking up at him, he was fairly tall.

He nodded his head, his tongue pressed against the wall of his mouth. "Okay..." He shrugged his shoulders. A smile tugged at my cheeks. "Now, do you want to discuss rules?" I nodded my head, letting him come up with the first one. "Rule 1, no falling in love. That one might be hard for you."

Appalled, my mouth opened. "For me?!" I said a little too loud. "What makes you say 'for you'?!"

"Because I'm really charming. I'm lovable. I'm handsome. And my brown eyes." He batted his eyelashes, teasingly.

I rolled mine in return, "okay. Rule 2, flirting only happens in public. You have to remember we're practicing for your parents so this looks more natural."

He nodded, "Okay." He then looked around and said, "Hold my hand." He held out his hand, my face crinkled as I looked up at him. "We're in public, there's people looking, so hold my hand." He sounded demanding. I grabbed onto his hand and held onto it. "Smile." I gave him an exaggerated grin. "Good enough." He shrugged.