Chapter 19 *Unedited*

" he needs you Naomi" Dwayne whispered to Naomi. The funeral ceremony was finally over and they were finally home. The past couple of weeks have been difficult for Tion and his family, grieving over the loss of their mum. His mother had been on end of life treatment for the past 9 months and had fought a long battle with cancer and mental health. Though it was sad, apart of Tion was glad that his mother was finally put out of her misery and can truly rest in peace. The saddest thing about the situation was the fact he and his older sister had to become parts to their little sisters Sheyanne and Maddy. They had already sacrificed parts of their youth, cooking, taking their younger siblings to school, working, taking their mum to chemo and many more other things. Though they saw this day coming, they did not expect it to come so soon and heart this bad.

"Alright, I'll go check on him" Naomi stated, as she fixed Tion younger sister hair Maddy quickly. Naomi had been at their house, since she was told the news and hadn't left their sight. She ensured Tion and his siblings were fed, cleaning the house and even helped with the funeral preparation. Leaving her heels at the bottom of the stairs in search of Tion, she was the only person Tion could openly try to and express his feelings to.

"You alright Tee. Everyone's looking for you" Naomi asked, a devastated Tion who sat in his room in the dark staring at a photo album with pictures of him and his mum.

Silent. Proceeding to sit next to him. Naomi laid her head on his shoulder in silence. She knew him and understood that he wanted some peace and quiet.

*
Dami POV

"Thanks Dwayne, say bye to daddy" I smiled, as I carefully shit the door with Isaiah in my hand. I am officially a university student. I would be lying if I said it has been easy. Dwayne has been my biggest supporter, he's really been helping me with Isaiah. The girls have aswell, but they've all got their own thing. Riah is currently in final year, where the library has honestly become her home. Naomi same thing but, her free time she was pretty much always hanging out with Tion and his family. Then there's Trevon, he is too preparing for the babies arrival and ensuring everything is perfect. He has even invited us to the baby shower and gender reveal, which I wasn't gonna miss out on for the world. Trevon a father is still a shock and hilarious to me. He was so childish himself, so it was just funny.

"Anytime guys" He shouted behind us, as we made our way to our building door and he drove off. Today he was in a rush. Usually Dwayne would insist taking us upstairs but he told me he had some sort of internship interview, he needed to go to.

"Dami Dami" a familiar voice shouted behind me, causing me to turn around. Guys it was my older brother Jerome.

"Jerome" I stated in confusion. I would be lying if I didn't said I wasn't excited to see him. He looked so different. He looked much older, tamer and much bigger than when I last saw him.

"Dami, long time. And this must be my nephew" he stated, as he looked down admiring Isaiah in my hands.

*

"You've got a nice place" Jerome commented, as he looked around my house.

"Thanks" I stared bluntly. I had come from a long day of uni. My brother Jerome had insisted I let him enter the house. He was definitely going to tell my mum he had seen me.

"I've looked for you almost everywhere Dee, to think you was only 20 minutes from home kills me" Jerome added, which caused me to chuckle in disbelief. I had the same SIM card for almost one month and had not received a single message from either of my brothers to ask about my well-being or my baby. They simple didn't care.

"But you had my number, socials & Cynthia info aswell?" I stated honestly, as I fed Isaiah some yoghurt.

"I know, you really disappointed us Dee. But now we've forgiven you and want you back in our life" Jerome stated, as he rubbed his hands together. I was starting to get hot and irritated.