II

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

╰┈ Summer of 2019,
in Silverstone🇬🇧

Today is my first day at my new job. It's not what I want my future to be like, but not all dreams come true.

I was call in to start working as a physical therapist for the Formula 1 drivers, more specifically for Mercedes, but today I'm helping another's team racer, who I still don't know who it is. I've only started a week ago, so I still don't know much of other teams members and racers. Even now I'm still learning the ones from my own team.

I get dressed quickly, put my mask and gloves on and went inside the room, where my patient was already waiting.

"Good afternoon, I'm going to be your physical therapist for at least time being, my name is Val-" I stop middle sentence. The guy in front of me was incredibly familiar. His green eyes and his facial features reminded me of someone, someone I thought I would never see. Someone I hoped to not see again.

"Hi doctor this is Marc, after the training this morning he has been complaining about some shoulder pains." I immediately get back to reality. Why are they using his second name? I work for F1 Mercedes team, I know all the drivers at the grid... sort of.

"Ah- yes! Let me take a look at that." I check the X-ray he did before and everything appeared fine. Slowly I approach him "Mr. Marc mind if I start to examine you?" he seemed to be staring at my eyes, like he knew me, but he just putted aside.

"Ah- yes please!" it's definitely him, that french accent can't lie to me. Fuck... I'll just do my job normally, he is just another person. The guy that was with him left and waited outside.

"You'll have to rest for about a week and I'll schedule appointments for around 2 weeks, to exercise your shoulder. Also I'll give you some painkillers, only to consume when you have extreme pain." I say after my examination.

"1 semaine de repos ?! Non, ce n'est pas possible, j'ai besoin de m'entraîner ! J'ai bientôt une compétition!"
[1 week off?! No, it's not possible, I need to train! I have a competition soon!]

He says obviously mad at what I said. I wasn't going to tell him I understood every word, cause he might actually find out if I speak with him in french.

"Mr. Marc unless you want to get a serious injury that will keep you away from- your work, I recommend you to follow my instructions. You're lucky I am being very considerated of you, because any other doctor will tell you to rest for much longer." he looks down "I'll need to continue you follow your situation for a while, even after our 2 weeks appointments. I'll also appreciate for you to come here after you make any kind of extreme exercise, to make sure nothing is worse. This is obviously if you want my option of treatment Mr.Marc."  '

'You know, some people aren't able to make their dreams come true. You were, but you taking it all away for something pathetic, like your pride.' It's what he needed to hear, but I just stayed silent

"I appreciate your time Doctor- Val. But I can't rest now, I can't back down." he leaves. Whatever in no time he will have to stop, it's up to him.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
╰┈➤ Summer of 2019,
in Hockenheimring 🇩🇪

days ꕤ later

I fucking told him, didn't I?! And now I need to go there, because poor Charles is worse. I was already in Germany, since I was hired by F1, I need to go everywhere the drivers go, but still, I was in my comfort! Männer sind so verdammt dumm!
[Men are so fucking stupid!]

"Doctor sorry for calling you again, specially after he refused your treatment, but things are worse!" that's the guy that came with him last time "He is in that room, it's our nursery."

"Alright I'll take care of him" I sighed before entering the room. "You really are persistent guy I'll give you that Marc. All you needed was a week without efforts and 2 weeks of simple physical therapy, but no, that was too much."

"If you don't want to help leave, I'll find someone who does." I scoffed at him. I know I should be keeping my feelings aside, but this french toast pissed me off!

"You know I wasn't going to accept the call, after all it's your own fault you got worse. But then someone talk it me out of it. And I was like 'Fine', but you really aren't worthy." I grab my stuff and leave "If you wanna throw away your stupid dream of driving, specially now for Ferrari, like that, fine , I don't care anyways!"

"Wait- you remember me?" fuck... what should I say, he remembers me too "I don't care, just help me to get better, Valentina, I need to get higher on my placement!" I sighed, I was going to help him. Not because of him, but because I have a contract with his team.

"The next race is 4th of August right?" he nodded with an expression like I was dumb for asking "You'll need to come here everyday for the minimum of an hour and try not push to hard before the race, even if it's practice! Got that?!" he rolled his eyes, but eventually agreed "Great, we'll start tomorrow, whenever you're available." I don't have any particular treatment with the Mercedes drivers at the moment, so I'm almost fully free.

"Do you think it's better before or after train Valentina?" wow who would've thought, that Charles Leclerc is asking someone something.

"Afterwards, so you can allow your muscles to relax completely."

"Alright. But I need to be ready by 4pm. I have interviews to make."

"Not a problem." he nodded and left.

This is going to be quite a journey... Specially the next days.