III

▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄

╰┈ Summer of 2019,
in Hockenheimring 🇩🇪

We have 3 main days: Fridays - Practice on the track; Saturdays - Qualifying; Sunday - Race day. During the rest of the week, we train our body, do social media marketing and sometimes interviews. Obviously we have some relaxing moments, for me when I play the piano.

I can't low my level, being now a Ferrari driver, I need to prove why they chose me. I need to prove I was the right choice and that this long term contract wasn't for nothing.

For that, I decided to put my pride aside and start my physical therapy. To be fair I thought it wasn't something very bad, I know the risks that come with this job, but I'm used to it. Hearing Valentina say that it can affect my driving career, in a way scared me, and I can't let that happen! I need to give my all in the track, that's why I accepted.

Ever since the Ferrari hired Valentina, I knew all along who she was, how could I not. Apparently she works for Mercedes, but since she is very good, Ferrari asked her to come take a look at me and eventually help me. Of course it wasn't very easy to negotiate that since the teams are rivals, but eventually we managed to come with agreement terms.

When I first saw her, it felt like my heart stopped, she is still so beautiful... And still has the same effect in me.

Valentina is very cold and distant, but very professional. Our relationship had a bad ending, it was very confusing to me to be fair, until this day I still don't understand what happened to us. But that's the past, I need to make the same has her, pretend it never happened. Honestly, I expected her to refuse to take care of me. But then again, she has a contract, so she just has to deal with it.

Disconnecting from my thoughts, I hear a knock and the door starts opening, showing Valentina.

"Hi come inside." we planned on meeting in my drivers room, since we believed it was the most professional thing to do and also because I didn't have a good space at home "How long as it been?" I try to start a conversation.

"Excuse me?"

"How long as it been since we last saw each other." she stops for a second not taking her eyes or hands of my shoulder. I notice immediately that she wasn't expecting this question.

"It was yesterday Mr.Leclerc."

"You know that was not what I asked Val." I missed calling her by this short form, I hope she doesn't mind.

"Well, apparently not long enough." she's so cold, she's not the same girl I knew, it's obvious, but it's like she lost all her light... "Now I'd appreciate if we didn't talk about those... times Mr.Leclerc." ouch "I'm here to treat you, not talk about bad memories of the past."

"Why were they bad memories huh? As far as I remember everything was amazing, until you suddenly changed and moved." I can't help but sound cold as well. Our break up hurt me deeply and the fact that I still don't understand why she is not next to me as my girlfriend today, hunts me.

"Mr. Leclerc I'll ask one last time. Stop talking about that."

"Why can't I have an explanation?" she now stops touching me and takes a long deep breath.

"If you don't stop, I'll cancel the contract, and trust me paying any clause doesn't fear me. So I'll suggest you to stop talking about anything of our relationship, besides professionalism." she looks at me. I turn my face and look at the ground allowing her to continue her job.

As much as I want to continuing pressure her for an answer, I know that I'll just push her further away. Right now I need to focus on getting better and hopefully getting closer to her so I can find what happened. That's when I'll be able to finally be in my A game for everything.

_ _ _ change_ _ of_ _ pov_ _ _

I hate him so much! I cannot stand being close to him, I shouldn't have accepted the deal! I should've known who was it in the first place! I was getting better... I was forgetting about him... At least trying to. But he had to come back to my life and ruin it. He always finds a way to ruin my life.

I need to focus on getting him well fast, so the faster I can get away from his sight. Even if we work in "the same place", it will be hard to see him. I say this, because in all my time here, I haven't seen him once either (i might not work here for a long time, but i frequent the paddock and f1 in general for a long time, obviously because of my dad). But he was always closer than I thought... It was only a matter of time.

I need to call them.