VIII

▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄

╰┈ Summer of 2019,
in Hockenheimring 🇩🇪

I left the party and headed to the hotel. I have a race in the morning and I need all my energy for it. I felt this agonizing pain on my shoulder as I lay down, but I ignore it, I probably just need to rest and also, tomorrow before the race Val will help me with some exercises.

Val... After she left I couldn't ever be the same. I wasn't able to love someone like I did with her, no matter how hard I tried... Now that she's back, she's all there is on my mind. The fact that she is my therapist doesn't help, since I have to see her regularly. Seeing her again after all those years, when she left with no explanation is bringing me back memories and also feelings...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I wake up, got ready and headed to the paddock. I searched for Val, but I didn't find her. I call her and nothing. I started asking around and I was told that she got wasted last night, which I already predicted, what chocked me was knowing that she went home with some guy. It was probably that german she was dancing with. But blood was boiling and at that moment she came running towards the garage.

"I am so sorry, I didn't heard the alarm, but I came here running once I heard the call." so she heard the call, but didn't pick up?

"Let's just get this done, I have a race to win Doctor." she nodded and we went inside my driver room. She started working on my shoulder.

"I'd like to say sorry again, it was very unprofessional of me to get late, specially on a race day. I apologize."

"You're here now. Late, but still before the race." she doesn't say anything "Also I get the feeling that you didn't heard the call, why didn't you picked it up?"

"So I could get ready faster? Picking up would only make me slower."

"Oh really? And here I was thinking the german guy was the one who heard it and woke you up after." she stops and looks at me.

"How is that any of your business? Also german guy?"

"Well you got late, you are technically working for me, so it does have to do with me." she rolls her eyes and gets back to the exercises "Was he any good?" I don't know why I asked that, I should have dropped the conversation.

_ _ _ change_ _ of_ _ pov_ _ _

Is he seriously asking me that? Who is he?! I might be 'working for him' but he has no rights to ask for my personal life. Was he jealous? I chuckled.

"He was. I had a hard time running back here." he chuckled this time.

"Then he wasn't so good. I would have left you unable to walk." he murmured, but I listened. I push him away with more strength that I intended "The fuck is wrong with you?!"

"That's my line Leclerc! I already told you drop the past. Don't talk about my personal life, specially my love/sex life, cause it has nothing to do with you. He was 100 times the man you never were and he was only a one-night stand."

"If he was so good, maybe you should date him."

"I bet he would be better than you, so maybe I should." I storm out and leave the garage. I wanted to leave, but bumped into someone and went somewhere more private to talk.

"What happened Valentine?"

"Fucking Charles! He thinks he can come back into my life after all this years and just do however he wishes?!" I take a deep breath and explained what happened back there "I'm tired of this job, I should just quit it and go back to work only at Mercedes or maybe find a job outside F1."

"Valentine. Don't let him affect you. If he does that means that you might still have feelings for him and I don't mean hate, I mean romantic feelings. Look come with me, the race is about to start so I have to go back. I'll take you out after sounds good?" I nodded "Also Roscoe probably needs some company during the race."

"Omg you brought him!? Let's go Lewis!!!" we go to the Mercedes garage and I see Charles in the distance I give him a cold stare and go inside "Good luck Lewis. Smash them." he giggles and goes inside the car.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Lewis won the race. Everyone was celebrating and smiling. I was happy for him, he did a good job, but I couldn't stop thinking about Charles. He had to stop the car, on the radio he was groaning and having difficulties driving the car, due to pain. After a some laps they told him to stop the car and to get back so he could rest. I was surprised they didn't ask for me, but it was probably Charles who asked them not to.

"Ready to go out?" Lewis said after all the celebrations were done.

"I'm going to get a hangover again ain't I?" he smirks and just pushed me out of the garage.

Guess I'll be wasted again, only this time I don't have to think of work tomorrow, so I won't control myself.