XX

▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄
╰┈ November of 2019,
in Brazil 🇧🇷

After the interviews, Charles was the first person that came to me. I hugged him, I know how disappointed he is on the result.

"You did your best, that's what matters most. Next time you'll get a better result. Analyze with the team the issues and improve as a team." he smiles a little and hugs me, placing his face on the creak of my neck. He was just like a puppy, so adorable. His arms go to waist and with one hand I caress his back and the other goes to his hair.

"I love you Val."

"I love you too Char." we stay like that a few more seconds until he look at me, still hugging me. He must've already noticed how nervous I actually I am...

"It's gonna be alright ok?" I nod uncertain of his words "Whatever his response might be, I won't leave you. I won't let you go again Chèrie." hearing that made me feel butterflies in my belly. I was truly lucky to have someone like Charles next to me.

I notice that a few more people from the interviews and so that meant that my dad was coming as well. Me and Charles broke out from our hug and sat in front of my dad's office. We planned to meet at the Mercedes station. Obviously Charles had to be careful, to not get rumors started.

"Sorry sweetie it took longer than I expected- Oh- what are you doing here Charles?" we got up as my father closes the door. Charles and him shake hands and my dad gives me a kiss on my forehead "It was a tough race today."

"Ah- yes... yes it was. Congratulations on the points..." it was also not a great race for Mercedes, Bottas had a Not Classified & DNF and Lewis ended 7th due to a 5 second penalty. At least for Ferrari, Carlos had joined the podium in 3rd. But anyways.

"Yeah it was a shitty day, but it's done now. Next race we'll win. I don't believe you're here to talk about today's race right Valentina?" shit...

"Me and Charles have something to tell you dad..." I was shaking my legs uncontrollably and fidgeting my fingers, Charles notices and grabbed my hands and placed it on my tight to calm me down.

"Is this about you guys dating? If it is I already know of that." me and Charles immediately look at each other surprised.

"You-you know?!"

"Glaubst du wirklich, ich wüsste so etwas nicht?"
[You actually think I wouldn't know something like this?]

"Wie hast du- Wie hast du es herausgefunden?! War es Francesca?!"
[How did you- How did you find out?! Was it Lewis?!]

Don't get me wrong I trust Lewis, but he might've said something by accident, who knows.

"Jetzt finde ich heraus, dass er es weiß. Ich kann nicht glauben, dass du das meinem Fahrer erzählt hast, bevor du es mir erzählt hast!"
[I'm finding out now that he knows. I can't believe you told my driver this before you told me!]

"Du wusstest es sowieso! Aber es tut mir leid... Aber es tut mir leid..."
[You knew it anyways! But I'm sorry...]

"Uhm... I might know a lot of languages, but german still isn't one of them..." Charles says making us giggle.

"Vous ne connaissez pas beaucoup de langues. 🇫🇷|| Ne so molto più di te!🇮🇹"
[You don't know that many languages. I know way more than you!]

"È scortese parlare altre lingue alle spalle di tuo padre, piccola."
[It's rude to talk other languages behind your father's back, little one.]

"Non preoccuparti, Charles, sa che capisco.🇮🇹 || Italien et français, alors ne vous inquiétez pas de parler dans mon dos.🇫🇷"
[Don't worry Charles, she knows that I understand. Both italian and french, so don't worry about talking behind my back.]

Charles looks shock at my father speaking italian and french. Guess he didn't know that.

"Anyways dad, how did you know?"

"Even though you guys hide it very well from everyone else, I did found a few things suspicious. I also happened to see you guys kiss and saying you were a couple a few races ago at the paddock." I blush. It's so embarrassing! "I'm not sure what took you so long to tell me. I support you guys. I know of what happened and when it did happen I was angry at Charles, but when he joined F1 I talked with him and without revealing anything about you sweetie, I found his point of view. He was always a nice kid, I knew that even when I was with your mom, back when we moved to Monaco. You guys are good for each other. I am in no right to take my child's happiness." I start getting emotional at his words and hug him. It brought me back memories of things back in Monaco of our family. I miss those days...

"Thank you dad..."

"No need honey. Also I wanted to talk to you about a family reunion. You and your siblings haven't seen each other in a long time and you haven't been all together in even longer so I'm planning a dinner for next week."

"That's awesome! I miss Rosa and Ben so much!!" I hug him tightly. Since I've moved out of the house me and my siblings pretty much lost contact. I became focus on my studies and then my work and also into my dream of photography. We moved on with our lives and never had time to meet up.

"Charles you are also invited. It's family dinner, so you should come." Charles looks at me and I nod happy.

"Thank you sir. I won't miss it."

Catch Me - Charles Leclerc ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें