VII

▀▄ Around 2005, Monte Carlo🇲🇨 ▀▄

"Val wanna come sleepover at my house?"

Lately I don't see my father much, and Charles notices that I am upset so he tries to be with me all the time. I agree with the sleepover, obviously asking my mother first

"After dinner I wanna show you something cool~"

I raise my eyebrow, being curious, but he doesn't say anything else. We ate Daube (a traditional and hearty Provencal style beef stew) and afterwards Charles took me to his room.

"What did you want to show me Char?"

"Come this way."

He starts leaving through the window, I thought he would fall but, instead he said offers me his hand. I take it and follow him. As we stand in the roof, I try not to look down, since I am afraid of heights. Charles never let's go of my hand knowing of that and after getting a but higher we stopped walking.

"I know you are afraid, so instead of looking down, look upwards."

He gives me the most beautiful smile and I look at the sky. There were uncountable visible stars, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen... I space out looking at the view, that I don't even notice that I had put my head on his shoulder.

"Même pas un million d'étoiles et la plus belle constellation, ne pourraient jamais se comparer à toi Mon Chéri."

After that day, whenever one of us felt sad or down, or even if we just hang out at night, we stared at the sky and enjoyed the stars and each others company. I felt safe with Charles.