XIX

▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄
╰┈ November of 2019,
in Brazil 🇧🇷

Updates? Well Charles got P6 in Japan, he had a few problems with his pace and he got P4 in Mexico & the US.

During that period me and Charles told our friends about our relationship. Pierre & Esteban were very happy and told me that if Charles hurt me they would beat his ass. Carlos was very happy that Charles was finally going to stop soaking in his corner, because of me? I didn't understand that part to be fair. Lewis was mad because I told other people first lol. He made sure to tell Charles not to hurt me and to warn us to talk to each other so there were no more misunderstandings.

"Chèrie, you don't need to do this anymore... They might accuse you of something because we are from rival teams..." I was giving Charles a massage of his shoulder mainly, to make sure he was alright for tomorrow.

"This has nothing to do with that. You were my patient so I still have some responsibility. And also I'm just a girlfriend helping her boyfriend to relax before his race tomorrow."

"There's a couple of other ways I know that can help me to relax~" he smirks, I roll my eyes and ignore him.

"All ready Mr.Leclerc." before I can go to the bathroom clean the oils from my hands, he pulls me to his lap "Charles-"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything, I just wanna cuddle."

"Let me clean my hands first." he groans and let's me go.

"Val there's something we need to talk." I asked him to talk "I know that you're afraid, but we should tell your father... With our 'soft launch' people are already starting to figure out and I feel like your father won't react as badly as you think..." I sigh and look in the bathroom mirror "I don't wanna hide our relationship, at least not to your father, I want him to accept us..." I walk to Charles side again, he was now on the bed and pulled me to his chest "My future father-in-law needs to see how much I care. So I can have is approval." I look at Charles shocked "What? Do you expect me not to ask for his permission first?"

"I didn't expect you to do that... Neither to think of that so soon..."

"Mon amour. I've loved you since we were 5 & 6. There hasn't been a second of my life since then when I haven't loved you. You are my world. The one person that can make me smile even when I'm frustrated or sad. You're all I think about day & night. I wanna marry you someday. May that be tomorrow, in a month or even in 10 years from now. I'll wait as long as I can be with you in the end. I wanna spend the rest of my days with you my side. Because you make me the happiest person alive. I love you before, now and forever." I couldn't hold as tears fell from my eyes, hearing him say those words made me realize once again how truly lucky I am to have someone like Charles. He cleans my tears and kisses my forehead "We'll tell him when your ready. Just don't be afraid. I'm by your side no matter what ok?" I nodded and then snuggle in his chest.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
race ꕤ day

"Dad... there's something I wanna talk
to you." he nods.

"Ok sweetie, can it be after the race though, we're organizing some stuff for the race-"

"It's fine dad. After the race is perfect." I smile and go sit next to Lewis.

"You're gonna tell him today?" I nod "Want me to be there?"

"Thank you Lewis, but I'll be fine. Charles will be there too. Plus you have to focus on your race."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
after ꕤ the race

Charles had a lot of problems during the race. Box miscommunications, engine issues,... He ended with a DNF. It was his worst result since Germany when he was injured.

I'm not sure if this would be the right time to have the conversation with my father...

"Sweetie after the interviews we'll talk ok?" before I could say anything else he had already left.

I decided to text Charles. He still hasn't gone to the interviews, so I had to be quick.

 He still hasn't gone to the interviews, so I had to be quick

I took a deep breath. It's time...