XIV

▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄
╰┈ September of 2019,
in Greece 🇬🇷

I needed to get away from everything. From work, but mainly Charles. So I went to a place I knew he wouldn't search for me. With all his races I needed to go somewhere I knew he wouldn't be able to go, because of his schedule. Plus I got pretty views and good food.

I need to rethink everything and plan on what I'll do next.

When I left all those years ago, I was heartbroken. Charles was beginning to get more and more attention from the public, even if he was just a teenager. Rumors also started going around in town. Charles was rumored to be seeing a girl which her name I can't even remember. I didn't believe at first, but then pictures of them spotted together started going around. He always assured me that he barely knew her and they were friends. I believed him.  But one time I was at his house and by chance when he went to grab a few things for us, he received a couple of messages, Charles asked me to see who it was. I ended up seeing one of the texts and couldn't help but read the rest. It was the girl that he was rumored to be seeing. The texts were of them being extremely close and she being flirty. He never said he had a girlfriend and he seemed to act like he didn't had one. I decided to go home earlier and pretend like nothing happened.

As I got to my room, I kept think about everything, the texts, the rumors. I didn't know what to do. I should believe and trust Charles, we know once we were kids. But he is an attractive guy and she was beautiful, how could I not doubt myself?! He could get anyone he wanted, someone much better looking than me... My own insecurities made me call my father and ask him to move. The next thing I know I was packing and the next day I catch a fly out of Monaco. I didn't told Charles, I wasn't ready for the confrontation neither I wanted one. I was afraid he would lie to me and I ended up making a bigger fool of myself.

He tried to reach out, but I changed my phone number and blocked him from everywhere. I tried to forget about him, but I couldn't, eventually the feelings just got hidden. Dating someone didn't help, since I could only compare them with Charles. Charles got famous as years passed and more stories of him started going around. Him dating multiple girls. A few of them he posted and confirmed. It made me feel like I was the one being stupid, after all he moved on, why couldn't I?

Besides that I had to give up my dream of photography, because of me being unfocused. I got into it physical therapy. And that's what I became. It was never something I wanted, but I got an immediate job thanks to my dad.

I did my best to avoid knowing anything about Charles and hid myself the best I could, until couple months ago. As much as I didn't want to, I felt immediately butterflies when I saw him. He was the same, obviously more mature in his features and voice, but still the same eyes and smile. His dimples still made me weak to my knees and I could still get lost in his bluish green eyes.

We fought specially because of me. Seeing him made me hate myself for still having romantic feelings towards him. Still hoping that everything was a lie and that I was the dumb one for running away back then. But I knew that even if I was wrong, I couldn't eliminate the past. I couldn't erase the suffer I went through and that he might have went through too.

No matter how much I denied it, I was and still am crazy in love with Charles Leclerc.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
couple of ꕤ days later

Being here helped me. I felt much more at ease and my thoughts felt like they were in place. I also started connecting with photography more, since I couldn't the past month due to Charles injury treatments. I was much more happy. But that also meant that I had to go back. It was my greenlight. I needed to go back to the paddock and also talk to Charles.

I pulled out my phone and open his uncountable messages. He was worried and desperate to know of me. I sighed and texted him.

"Hey Charles, it's been a couple of days. Like I told you on the letter I needed to step out for a while to put my mind in place. I'll fly to Singapore tomorrow. We do have things to talk about and I think I am finally ready to do so. I'll call you when I arrive. See you then. Valentina."

Now I need to pack my things and book a flight to Singapore.

Guys if I take a bit longer to upload, please forgive me, I'll upload when I have new ideas and motivation:)

Also I started writing the 2nd book of the drivers series "Race Me", so I'll also be splitting my time with that and also other books that are yet to be released.

Plus with being on holidays, I have been going out more often which doesn't allow me to have much time to write.

Anyways thank you for the support and I'll try to upload quickly 😘💕