Ch 1

Unforgettable is how Maisy would describe this place. It was if she hadn't spent 3 years away in a completely different state but instead merely a brief holiday away. The wind tangled in her hair as she naturally gravitated towards the open windows letting the blissful cool air grace her skin in waves of comfort. Despite the situation and what she knew she had to face being back on this island she couldn't help but breathe for the first time in such a long time.

Buildings became blurs of colour as they passed house after house all lit up by the vibrant sun that illuminated the island in a natural glow. Like a break of something new and exciting already taking place. This place was the mere foundations the girl stood on as she had spent over a decade living the same days on repeat. She was who she is today because of this place and that will always hold a special place in her heart.

Currently it was just Maisy and her mum in the car surrounded by peaceful silence, no ounce of awkwardness in sight as they relive each and every memory they had created here. Bad and good, each just as important as the other.

Her father had decided to come out slightly earlier than the other two to set up work and their new house on figure 8 in preparation for the other twos arrival. Maisy knew that couldn't have been the full truth as even on his good days he rarely shows a caring side to the female Millers but she let it slide as she wasn't in too much of a rush to get back to the island when it was mentioned.

The comfort it once gave her was almost shadowed with her guilt and fears to see her old friends and the not knowing. She couldn't imagine what it had been like for her to break every bit of communication with the 3 with no explanation what so ever. On the other hand maybe they didn't care, maybe they were glad she left with no explanation. She couldn't make a decision on which would be worse of a situation.

Pushing them thoughts to the back of her mind she fiddled with the radio instead until a good channel began to seep out through the speakers playing a Fleetwood Mac song "everywhere". She lent back relaxing her once stiff shoulders as she felt her eyelids flutter closed and her lashes tickle her cheek. Letting out a long breath, her seat engulfing her as she became one with it and let the soft melody drift her mind elsewhere.

The wind whistled in tune with the song floating in the summer air as the engine revved slowly as minimal background noise. Woody smells filled her senses filing in her brain to engrave them there at the comfort and familiarity they brung her.

Wearing Blue track joggers and a small white T-shirt, she felt sweat prick at her forehead knowing the joggers probably weren't a great idea as the humidity here was a complete contrast to Chicagos. She thought she would miss the Chicago feel and city life but being here right now brought her more excitement than she had in the whole 3 years there. She knew it wouldn't be calm sailing here but she was happy to leave Chicago as it had brought nothing but bad news for the girl.

Being here felt like the earth was giving her a second chance to stray away from the bad habits she had created for herself back on the main land. Drugs were done by everyone and it was more rare for someone to not be doing it rather than doing it. She had become just a statistic on a board being dragged into the depth of that world by a group she had surrounded herself with at school.

At first she thought she had found her people in a desperate attempt to forget about the boys back home, wanting to move on so she didn't waste her life away. From that day on it just went downhill from there to the point she barely recognised herself anymore. She still held the same hobbies; she loves surfing despite not having done it in forever, reading , music and that was just the beginning. She still resembled her past self but if the two were to sit down and talk Maisy knew her younger self would be beyond disappointed in who she had become.