Ch 7

Sprawled out on her bed Maisy snored softly as she had fallen asleep with papers scattered around her from a long day of research. A day had passed since the boneyard and she found herself burying the situation beneath, wanting nothing than to forget it even happened. It was only 5pm the next day but due to not having a good sleep the previous night she fell into her nap naturally.

This morning she had awoke cold and shivering some time in the early morning when the birds started to call to each other like an alarm ringing in her ear. She felt as though she had taken the walk of shame as she stumbled back towards her house. Luckily for her she hadn't been to far from home as she had ran quite a mile.

When she got back home sleep didn't come easy to her so instead of tossing around in bed she decided to get productive. After skimming her dads papers she had found the previous day it had been lingering on her mind ever since so while knowing she couldn't ask her dad cause there would be serious repercussions, she done some research of her own.

She had found out The Royal Merchant is one of the most famous shipwrecks that happened in the 1800s in outer banks. The pumps had apparently given way and had stopped working mid sail causing the ship to go down as they wern't able to fix it. Many men drowned with it leaving no survivors, despite the information being vague on that, but that wasn't what made the ship so well known.

She read that the ship was said to contain 400 million dollars worth of gold which was said to go down with it. She wasn't able to find out if the gold had survived or not as there was minimal amounts of information on the internet about it. She made a note to herself to travel down to the library to see if it held any old books which might have more relevant information about it as it had fully spiked her interest. I mean if your dad was trying to find 400 million worth of gold wouldn't you?

Maisy now understood why her dad was so interested with it as it was the sort of money that could change someones life but she had a sinking feeling there was more to it than meets the eye.

She hadn't particularly checked her phone much during the day not wanting to talk to anyone. However, she did notice Sarah's insistant messages pretty much getting the girl to text her back to make sure she was still alive making the girl smile slightly in her tirered state. She had even received a message from a few of the others including Rafe and topper, Toppers looked to be from Sarah making her laugh slightly as her heart soared at the thought of how worried she actually was.

The two girls had decided to meet later in the day just to hang around and maybe watch a film. At first Maisy wanted nothing but to come up with an excuse so she didn't have to go as she never wanted to talk to another human being again. but then she thought about how maybe it would be a good idea to get out the house for a while not wanting to decay and become one with her bed.

While being fast asleep she was awoken by a slight knock at the door as they edged the door open to walk inside. Groaning slightly as her blinds were open she found herself scrunching up further into herself in seek of escaping the light.

"Honey it is going on half 5, you should not be asleep yet." Her face found her pillow as she scrunched her eyes in distaste of getting up wishing she could just stay in her comfort forever.

"Mum leave me alone, sleep is free and I'm feeling like taking this opportunity to catch up." Rolling her head to the side she caught a look of her mums amused face at the state of the teenager. The girl hadn't washed and her hair was almost definitely in tangles, not her most attractive moment to say the least.

"Go clean yourself up, you made the decision to go out so deal with the repercussion" the woman laughed to herself as she edged towards the door receiving a unamused expression from the girl who wasn't trying to hide it. "to be a teenager again" she muttered with a sigh as she closed the door on her way out.