Ch 3

Maisy didn't have anything to loose tonight. All people knew about her was that she is the new resident on the island which means clean slates of what people think about her. She's grown and changed from who she once was meaning people are now able to see her for who she is now instead of what once was. Maisy though couldn't give a shit what people thought about her, worst case scenario she ends up spending the next 2 years with a reputation over her head. This didn't matter too much as the moment she can escape the grasp of her parents she is travelling to the opposite side of the world.

Being alone is something Maisy values in life, not that she liked being alone for long periods of time or forever but just some down time where there is no expectations and pressures. Some time to dip into her hobbies like read on a beach, listen to her favourite tunes sometimes even play them on her guitar. it didn't matter which one it was but she just loves spending and taking time to invest in something she herself loves.

Over the last few years she hasn't particularly been able to do that, too deep in her own mind to even comprehend doing anything that once gave her joy, but being here made her feel different. It was like she had finally come up for air and taking a big breath before dunking herself back into the water letting it push her around freely.

Staring at her reflection she brushed through her hair one last time letting her golden waves cascade down her back. As she put down the brush her fingers skimmed the shark tooth pendant that hung around her neck. Her fingers connecting with the tooth like it was a natural reflex. It was the only thing she had left in memory of the boy and the promise to two had made when they were younger she vowed to never take it off.

She stood up admiring her outfit choice of a pair of blue shorts and a stripy crop top with a bikini underneath. With the location being a beach there was always a chance people would end up in the sea so she wasn't taking her chances.

The time was around 6pm and the sun wouldn't set for another hour so she had a bit of time to kill. Rooting through one of the many moving boxes that littered her floor she grabbed for a book sat at the top of one and took it out to her balcony with her. Not having any seating outside she sat down and leant against the banister as she opened her book ready to read.

She had gravitated towards one of her old favourites "daisy jones & the six". She could vividly remember while growing up wanting to be just like Daisy Jones despite the de-glamorisation the story told of her life. As she read she felt more connected to the characters than she had ever felt before. it had been so Long since she had picked up a book she now didn't know why she had ever put them down in the first place.

It was like she was no longer sat on the floor of her balcony in the humid air Outer Banks had but now in LA, doing world tours with the band, doing press just like the band were doing in the book. Books were special like that, no matter what you are going through a book can take you anywhere else and you can read about literally anything you want. Like an escape from your reality to the next.

"I almost didn't see you there, I thought you had gone out already." looking away from her book startled by the sudden noise she looks up to see her mum stood by the door way with a small smile and dressed up looking as if she was off somewhere nice.

"I'm going out now so I won't be back until later this evening. Your fathers also gone for the evening but knowing you, me and your father will be back long before you." Maisy stifles a smile as she closes her book not forgetting to slip a book mark in not wanting to loose her space.

"have a good time" her mum smiles slightly at the girl before heading back into the room and down the corridor shutting the door on her way out. Letting out a deep breath Maisy stood from her sat position and made her way back to her room. Placing her book down next to her bed she Began to gather her things ready to leave as the sun was nearly hidden over the horizon.