Ch 6

TW: drug use, guns

As the group had all decided to head out to the kegger being held at the boneyard, Sarah had caught us on her way out and decided to tag along. Maisy knew she was only coming because Topper was but she didn't particularly mind as she was too blissed out to care for much. She sat in the back of one of the cars being taken to the party as she stared out the window letting her head lean agenst the glass.

Everything seemed to blur; the houses they passed by, the voices chatting around her in the car. Every one of her senses seems to numb as a smile graced her lips as her thoughts seemed no where in sight for the first time in a while. Before she knew it the car had stopped and all the teens clambered out the car. Sarah turned around to jab Maisy in the arm to catch her attention as she seemed to be in another head space.

"hey what the hell was that for" she sat up right holding her arm in the place it had just been pushed.

"I'm sorry but if I didn't I'm pretty sure you would have never noticed we are here. Like seriously are you okay?" as she looked up from her arm she was greeted by a concerned look being given to her by her new friend. Not wanting to get into it she pushed it off saying she was fine with a smile.

"now come on, there won't be a party without us" 

she smiles as Sarah also smiled with a laugh as the two girls make an exit of the car. They walk down to the beach hand in hand as the party seemed to already be packed with a mix of Kooks, Pouges and tourons as it was their season due to the end of school.

Tourons were pretty clueless when it came to the war that was prominent on the island. Maisy was almost jealous of how naive they were to the way the island worked. They would turn up for a week have fun and meet everyone on the island before leaving with nothing but good memories and a couple more numbers on their body count if they are lucky. 

If only it could all be that simple.

The moment the girls hit the beach they split up as Sarah said she was going to find Topper asking the other girl if she'd be fine on her own. Insisting Sarah went Maisy made her way straight to the kegger needing to get a drink down her to keep up with the high she was already on. There was no thought process, just a need and a want.

As she headed over manoeuvring through the crowd she saw it in the distance not being attended to. Immediately she picked up a red solo cup and poured a drink. Not thinking twice she downed it wanting to keep up with everyone else who were definitely a few drinks ahead of her. After she finished the first cup in no time she went straight to poring a second.

"you know that's not just for you" she looked up after finishing her pour only to be greeted with the familiar brunette that she had bumped into just the other day who held a smile of amusement directed at the girl. She didn't know what to think as she knew her mum had talked to JJ. Maybe JJ didn't catch on? or maybe he kept it to himself.

"next time keep a good eye on it, then maybe it won't happen again, promise" she laughs as she backs up slightly ready to go into the crowd to find some familiar faces.

"I don't like how you used maybe because that definitely means I'm going to find you one to many times back in this very spot. Am I right?" he laughs slightly while running a hand through his hair completely oblivious to his childhood friend standing not even 3 meters away from him.

"I was never good at keeping promises, see you back here in 10" she shot a cheeky smile to the boy no longer caring what she said as the alcohol heightened the numbness her body felt increasing it by the second.

Turning around she walked and disappeared into the crowd no longer able to see John B as she made her way through not particularly knowing where she was going. Not before long she got talking with various groups dotted around the beach which was littered with many large branches from the storm which you had to leap over every 5 seconds to get around the area. She got talking with a few pouges for the first time really since being here.