Ch 8

After parting from Sarah earlier in the day, Maisy had gone home for a bit to see neither her mum or dad were home so she chilled around the house a bit to relax. She made herself some lunch and a coffee while finishing up on her book she had started earlier in the week. The book had been just as good as she remembered it being so she was more than glad she decided to pick it back up.

Caffeine always seemed to make the girl more productive so after seeing all the devastation that had hit the island she wanted to help out in anyway she could. Instead of helping on figure 8 she had decided the best place to go would be to go to the South side of the island knowing they would need more help than most .

Time had stopped as she rode her bike down on her way to town. She was cruising down the roads taking in the sun as it settled over the beautiful island. She finally had soft tan lines already from being here which allowed her to look more alive than she felt. It was an almost barrier from her mind as she could project something she knew she wasn't.

The chat she had this morning with Sarah had been like a breath of fresh air and she felt slightly lighter than before. Able to get off her chest a few of the worries which were pent up in her mind. It was more than freeing so she was more than glad that she was able to actually speak it. However, seeing John B being so upset and angry with her definitely kept the weights there as it was more than upsetting knowing that someone you used to share so many beautiful memories with could all of a sudden look at you like the way he did this morning.

Putting it aside, she wanted to enjoy her day, so when she finally arrived to the cut she began to ask around to see if anyone needed any help. Most people trying to be polite said no but she stumbled on a few shops around who needed broken tree branches swept away from the front of their shops so she happily complied.

Throughout her day she met some lovely people who held a lot of gratitude for the girl, some even offered to pay her for it to which she declined instantly knowing they needed it a lot more than she did.

Her day was spent sweeping fallen branches and litter from places helping with flower beds which have been disturbed along with even helping people inside the shops where there was broken glass from an object which had flown through the windows.

When it was coming up to around midafternoon Maisy began to get tirered and was going to call it a day. She walked around trying to find anywhere open which would be able to supply food but unfortunately Agatha had taken its course and almost everywhere was completely closed. So instead she decided to just head home for a snack instead.

Picking up her bike she hopped onto it and began to take the long way home wanting to spend as much time outside as she could not wanting to go home to be stuck with nothing to do. As she rode around with wind blowing in her hair which caressed her face, she took in the island as a whole. This place was truly beautiful. The two communities the island held were so strong she envied it. Being new she still felt very out of place.

She was neither Pouge or Kook really, she felt as though she would never fit in anywhere. But seeing other people fit in so well made her heart warm for them. To think if she stayed here these 3 years things would be so different. A good different.

Chicago was fun at times but it would never come close to outer banks. Chicago held no community just single people going about their day where you would bump into people for short amounts of times before continuing on your journey. Despite knowing she didn't fit in here she definitely didn't fit into Chicago. sure she had their habits and picked up on it all quickly but these habits wern't good.

You went to parties and met so many people just for the next day to never talk to them or see them again in your life. It was always like that, one party after the next and it was tiring. No one had seemed to reach out to her since being here and she still couldnt figure out if that was a blessing or a curse. Maybe even both.