Ch 5

When Maisy had gotten home the previous night she had dragged herself in having been soaking wet from her trip back. Inevitably dripping a trail on her path through. On her way back the winds had picked up a lot scaring the girl into thinking it would be strong enough to wipe her and her bike out. Luckily it didn't so when she got home she made sure to have a long hot shower to rid herself of the grime which clung to her skin from the rain before getting into comfy clothes to hop right into bed.

At this point the winds had already hit their peak and were doing all sorts of damage outside causing a lot of noise despite the closed windows. Maisy hadn't gotten too much sleep not being able to as her mind was too active and with all the sounds going on it was too much for her brain to relax. Instead she resulted in playing music through her headphones to drown out the noise sitting there for a while before eventually falling asleep for a couple hours.

With a new day started and all the wind gone leaving the mess it had created, the sun shone brightly a complete contrast to what it had been just hours ago. Stretching her aching limbs she pulled herself out of bed to be graced with the morning light before begrudgingly getting dressed wanting to see the impact the island had gone through in the storm.

Walking downstairs clad in her shorts and crop top she made herself a coffee with tiered eyes. When she realised the power was out it took her a little longer but managed around it knowing it could be a while until it would be back up, before putting it in a cup she could walk around with. As the power was out she knew the generators would kick in soon so made a mental note to go pick up some milk as the one in the fridge was definitely on its way to being bad.

Instead of going out to the front of the house she decided to walk along the beach edge out back of all of the figure 8 houses. She never knew why they were built like that as it was easy access to many of the homes even the few with fences all around. It should probably be a security hazard but who was she to care.

As she exited her house she took in a sharp breath before whistling lowly at the impact that had happened. Trees had been yanked out from the soil and toppled in random directions along with just random tree trunks and twigs littering the floor masking it to the point it was unrecognisable. She could only imagine if this is what figure 8 looked like what sort of condition the cut was in making a shiver course through her body.

Walking along the coast slowly, her eyes skimmed every detail of destruction as people were walking around frantically trying to fix the damage not wanting their back yards to look a state. As she continued she saw the Camerons house come into focus which is when she saw her father stood side by side with Ward and another woman she didn't recognise.

It was nice to know her dads priorities were in the right place when it came to checking in on people. Typical.

"Maisy, glad to see you made it through the storm" she smiled slightly at the gesture given by Ward as she had caught his eye walking past so she made sure to say "you too" before carrying on as it looked like the 3 were having a private conversation.

As she continued on a familiar blonde girl was seen up ahead running around frantically with what seemed to be a tennis racket warning of the birds making Maisy stop as she started to laugh at her desperate state. That caught the blondes attention so she turned slightly before continuing on with a smile.

"grab a racket, I'm not having these birds feed on the mice just because the surge ruined their homes" she said pairing it with jumping in the air to bat off a close bird. Not really having a choice she grabbed one sat on the side before starting to bat it around the air and trying to warn off the birds while laughing knowing the two looked like idiots.

"I love your passion for this truly, but isn't this like kind of the circle of life. And anyway this is tiring how has your arm not fallen off by now." she laughed while continuing on with her swatting while looking at Sarah briefly who she could see roll her eyes with a laugh.