Ch 9

Another day had passed. Maisy was hiding in her room not particularly wanting to face the next day as no matter what seemed to go well in her life there was always something else there trying to bite her in the ass. The curtains were still drawn closed and she had been awake for god knows how long having another restless night, but still couldn't find it in herself to actually get out of bed.

The bedding was comfy and she was wrapped up in her own warm cocoon like she was in her own little bubble where she was protected from anything that might want to try and hurt her. After yesterdays ups and downs she tried to block it all out. But there was too much on her mind and she physically nor mentally could do it.

John Bs words stung like a bitch. Like a bee sting that would linger and ebb for a long time. But instead of it just being a small bee sting that would eventually go away the ebbing was still there and getting worse by every minute that passed. it was like she was reliving the very moment over and over again like a movie set on loop that you can never erase from your mind. Always an image planted there never to go away no matter how much you beg or sit there trying to rid the plaguing images.

It was probably 8 in the morning as the girl was curled up in her own world, that she barely registered her mum entering her room until she called her name rather loudly startling the girl to move from her relaxed position to one which was very rigid.

"you need to be up and ready in the hour, there is a beach clean up with all the teens here in figure 8. If you think you're going to be allowed to miss an opportunity to make this family look good then think again. Get up or you'll eventually become one with your mattress." her mum gestured to her sunken position to which Maisy rolled her eyes as she began to rub the sleep from her eyes.

"maybe thats the point mum, the mattress is comfy ,I'd happily live my life like this" she muttered turning around as she closed her eyes. Almost immediately a bright light entered her vision through her eyelid making her scrunch up her face in annoyance knowing her mum had opened her curtains.

"well I don't particularly feel like raising a mattress so get your ass up and get down to the beach. I won't warn you again." her mums voice was final as she headed back out the door and downstairs. Maisy rolled over to look where her mum had just been before groaning and eventually wrenching herself out of the relaxed position she had just been in knowing the warmth she had created would be gone in seconds.

Getting out of bed she decided to clean herself up before leaving by washing herself knowing that it was long overdue before drying her hair and getting dressed. She didn't bother with any makeup as her skin looked pretty clear so just put her clothes on and grabbing her few essentials which she shoved in her pocket.

She had paired a comfy pair of flow shorts along with a tank top which was airy and light on her body as she knew it was a hot day. If she was going to walk up and down on a beach all morning she was at least going to be comfortable while doing it.

After getting ready Maisy left immediately not bothering to say bye as she was pissed her mum had signed her up to this clean up at 8 in the morning. Sure if it was at a normal daylight time maybe she wouldnt mind, but 8? yeah no thanks she'd rather be sleeping and "wasting away" as her mum would put it, in her warm bed.

The beach wasn't too far so when she got there she put her bike to the side and began walking to the beach. Walking around a random guy had passed her a bin bag and a litter picker to begin the clean up to which she gave him a half hearted smile not really being in the mood for this at all.

Not really knowing what she was doing she prodded at bits of litter on the floor tossing them about as she struggled to even get them onto the end of the stick which is when she realised if you pulled at the handle the thing actually does most of the work for you.