Ch 10

Staring in the mirror no longer symbolised happiness for the girl. She hated what looked back at her, like her darkest fears were facing her head on and were truly unavoidable. Putting on makeup became a chore as she no longer enjoyed the feel of the tacky concealer that caked under her eyes. Maisy always looked beautiful but she would never see that no matter how much she squinted and mentally clawed at her image.

Sarah had sent through an address for the girl earlier in the day, it was now around 8 and she knew she should most likely start heading over but her feet seemed to stay still as if they were stuck and she was one with the floor beneath her. Only having added a little bit of makeup just to enhance her features, the girls tan still shone through but there was nothing that could erase the bags that seemed to be permanently drawn under her eyes.

Not only was her dreams at night invaded by mean thoughts but throughout the day her mind was constantly plauged with doubt and fear. It seemed to be the only constant in her life and she couldn't grasp if it was comforting or a living nightmare.

Maisy had on a white tight fitting dress which flowed out at the bottom showing off her figure as well as being able to stay cool in the summer heat. The weather here was one of her favourite things as the sun rays illuminated her figure making her feel ethereal. Knowing tonight was going to be able to de-stress her for a night she was actually looking forward to it. Sure there was a slight element of nerves, but it's not like she wouldn't know anyone there, she would be fine.

At that she began to pack her bag which was a small white bag across her shoulder which she packed with the essentials that would come in handy later on which included her pre-rolled blunts that she had done herself earlier in the day. Maisy would call her self a master when it came to rolling, she did learn from the best after all.

Now having everything she would need she took one more glance in the mirror while taking a deep breath to herself before wrenching her eyes from the mirror to make her way downstairs. Her small heels clinked against the polished tiles as she grabbed for her keys by the door before making her way out. Neither of her parents were home again, typical, so she didn't say anything as she began to make her way to her bike as she would be drinking so there was no point in driving.

Sarah had asked if she needed a lift but declined stupidly so she began to ride down figure 8 in the rough direction of the house. The sun had set and the atmosphere was peaceful, that was until a soft buzz of music flew into her ears which was an obvious pin point of the direction she should be heading to. It wasn't long until all the sounds of nature were cancelled out and the beats of the music engulfed figure 8 entirely making a smile enter her face.

Knowing Sarah was already inside somewhere, she just decided to park up her bike round the side of the house praying it would be there when she gets back. The party seemed to be in full swing as there was plenty of noise coming from inside and if that wasn't much of a clue then the amount of cars parked all down the street gave a pretty clear image.

She made her way out front to see multiple teens scattered across the front lawn making her laugh slightly at the fact everyone seemed to be way ahead of her at the drinking game than her. She had a lot of catching up to do.

Walking inside the wide open door, the first thing she noticed was there were people everywhere. On the sofa, floor, at the bar where people were taking shots as well as people dancing to the songs raging over the crowd.

Maisy walked up to the bar needing a drink to loosen her up a bit. Maisy had no clue whos house she was at but she didn't care much as no one was looking at her as if she shouldn't be here instead random people were saying hi to her as she walked through the crowd. Leaning against the counter of the bar, she waited for someone to be free to serve her. She was suprised someone was at the bar all evening, whoever owned this house definitely had a lot of spare money they are happy to throw away.