Chapter 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY, Y/N went back to the support studio with an excuse to Aizawa, which was 'I think I might have an idea for a costume add-on.' And he just let her go with a tired sign. So here she was, outside the support studio door again.

She knocked and the door opened, revealing Asami in a black vest top, tucked into some cargo jeans with a tool belt around the buckle. The goggles on her head seemingly haven't moved, her hair perfectly in place as normal, not a single strand out of place. A few oil smears on her clothes and soot on her face. But Y/N didn't care, Asami still looked amazing. "Hi!" Y/N smiled.

Asami blessed her with a blinding smile and a raised eyebrow. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Asami asked, leaning forward slightly. Y/N tilted her head, raising an eyebrow as she leaned against the doorframe. "Oh, do you not want me here?" Y/N asked. "I didn't say that." Asami replied, tilting her head to mimic Y/N.

"Well, I just came to.. think of costume add ons. I thought I could use a helping hand who might have some good ideas." Y/N replied. Asami grinned, raising an eyebrow, no longer tilting her head.

"Oh yeah? Who's this helping hand?" Asami asked, like she didn't know. "Let's see. She's an engineer." Y/N started and Asami made an impressed face. "Oh?" She asked and Y/N nodded. "She's also very very pretty. She owns a business and is very creative." Y/N continued, smirking.

"Tell me more." Asami said with a sly grin, shifting her weight in one leg. "She's also very smart. Definitely smarter than me. She's also very strong." Y/N said and Asami whistled. "She sounds amazing." Asami said and Y/N grinned. "I know right." Y/N said, and Asami raised a teasing eyebrow.

"What's her name?" She asked. "Oh, her name is so beautiful. Her name is Asami." Y/N said dramatically, fake fainting against the door with the back of her hand against her forehead. Asami snorted, shoving Y/N slightly. "You're such a dork." Asami chuckled. "Why, thank you." Y/N laughed.

They continued to chat for a while before Power Loader forced Y/N out of the development studio. As she was being pushed, she sent a grin to Asami. "See you later!" She replied before the door was slammed. She smiled as she heard Asami laugh from the other side of the door before going back to work.

She walked through the hallways and back to Gym Gamma. Aizawa looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Did you get any ideas?" He asked and Y/N blinked. "O-oh yeah, I'm on the right track." Y/N nodded and Aizawa narrowed his eyes suspiciously as Y/N avoided eye contact, her arms behind her back as she sent him a grin.

"Get back to training." Aizawa said and Y/N sent him a mock solute before going back to training. He dragged a hand down his face as Y/N let out a giant roar of fire. "Problem child.." he muttered, wondering if he should ask the development studio to build him a machine which follows him around and makes him coffee all day. That was a good idea. He was going to bully power loader into making him one.