Prologue: A Star is Stolen

It is a cold and rather silent evening in this Icy tundra of a kingdom. The Penguin Kingdom could be seen just up ahead. The wind is whistling the fluffy snow across the icy ground, there is little to no sound coming from the kingdom, and all is peaceful.

That relaxing silence is soon interrupted when a boiling drip of lava splats onto the snow, sizzling the liquid every which way. More drips of molten lava fall from seemingly out of nowhere just before blasts of fire and lava suddenly show, seemingly coming from rockets of a ship.
This ship is known as Bowser's Kingdom, an extremely large moving ship, spewing with bursts of fire and magma. The front of this kingdom's ship is in the shape of King Bowser's head with fiery eyes and a mouth.

This ship is nearing to a stop at the Penguin Kingdom. Why it was stopping there, nobody knows. But once it stopped completely, giant spiked balls fell from the ship, crashing into the snow and keeping the kingdom in place. The ship them started lowering itself down to the ground. The bottom of the ship is covered in large spikes, causing parts of the Penguin Kingdom's buildings to be destroyed.

The ship's doors suddenly lowered down, triggering groups of red and green shells rolled out in pursuit, forming themselves as Koopas on the way down. They all began charging for the kingdom in offense, screaming and shouting as they went.
The Koopas up top let their wings out and then did the same, flying toward the kingdom with their weapons. Claws out, ready to rumble.
As a blue shelled Koopas and the rest of the flying Koopas soared down to join the army. They all stood in an orderly fashion, standing aligned and straight, waiting for the next phase of their attack.

During this formation, however, a purple mist suddenly formed from the snow in-between them. From that, a MagiKoopa suddenly formed. His name was Kamek

"Behold! The King of the Koopas!"

Standing beside them, Kamek slammed his small wand onto the snow and the rest of the army repeated this, as if they had rehearsed this several times before.

The mouth of the ship suddenly opened dramatically, revealing Bowser in all of his glory surrounded by red and orange mist. He stood menacingly for a moment before dropping himself down onto the snow.
Bowser growled sinisterly before making his way to the front of the army, stomping through the snow harshly.
He then stopped once he stood in front of the Penguin Kingdom's main gates and with a baleful grin, he shouted,

"OPEN THE GATES!!... or DIE..."

He smiled maliciously as the icy front gates suddenly creaked open. Tall shadowy forms could be seen through them, making some of the Koopas nervous at the intimidating figures in the castle.

But to their surprise, the figures happened to just be small blue and white penguins with serious and determined looks. One of them even wore a crown and a cape, signifying that he was the King and ruler of the Penguin Castle.

The Koopas seem confused by this for a moment as one of the penguins cracks his neck, ready to fight. These penguins may be small but they know how to put up a good fight to protect their kingdom. After all, they knew what Bowser was after and it was absolutely foremost that they protect it.
The penguins readied their stances as this standoff continues for another moment.

"ATTACK!!!"

By the King's command, the penguins suddenly charged, screaming and shouting as they went. The King grinned with pride as he watched his army of penguins do this.
Large groups of snowballs are then thrown at their enemy. This intense moment continues for some time before the penguins remember their true stature in the battle and that the snowballs did nothing to even amuse Bowser.

Some penguins even used a wooden launcher to launch a bigger snowball at the Koopas army. Kamek being Kamek, disappeared last second before the snow could hit him, causing the Koopas behind him to be smacked and sent back by it.
Kamek stood beside Bowser as the penguins stopped and bravely made their stances. The King then began to speak.
"That is but a TASTE of our fury!" He shouted at Bowser with a glare.

"Do you YEILD...?"

The King was giving Bowser one last chance to surrender. for they weren't all that big and bad. They're still just cute little penguins. None of them would show even an ounce of fear for Bowser. For, they know who's boss after all.

......

That and they've been taking some training lessons with The Knoble Knight but they never wanted to admit that out loud.

Surprisingly to the penguins, however, Bowser chuckled evilly, refusing to give up.

"I do not."

Bowser then looked at his sidekick, Kamek, as if signalling him. Without another second more, Kamek used his magic staff and picked up the penguins with a magical force before throwing all of them out of the castle's way. The Koopas then guarded them, making sure they wouldn't move.

Bowser, without warning, suddenly burst his mouth open and blasted the castle into flames and destruction, burning the whole place down. Kamek watched this with a wide grin, as the flames reflected off his glasses. He seemed to enjoy all of this hate and destruction, after all, he seemed to see himself as Bowser's friend.

Suddenly, the main part of the kingdom went up in flames, causing the whole castle to come tumbling down completely.

Once the smoke cleared up and Bowser was done, the Koopas na dht epenguins looked up in astonishment. The King cried out in defeat as some Koopas held him back. He had failed to keep the most desired thing in the whole world safe and now the world was fixing to pay the consequences.

Bowser smiled and nodded in victory as he gazed upon a bright glowing source floating up high and center. He always dreamed this day would come and now he was right face-to-face with it.
With the help of Kamek's magic, Bowser was able to use what was left of the rubble from the castle as stepping stones to reach the desired magical source above him.
Once he reached it, Bowser laughed menacingly. The thing he was after was a large glowing Question Mark Block. It was what's inside that peaked Bowser's interest though. The King still tried fighting to protect it but the Koopas still held him back.
"Where's The Knoble Knight when we need her?!" He asked himself, pleading in hopes that someone would stop Bowser. Unfortunately, no one could... and no one did...

With a mighty punch, Bowser smashed his fist into the block, cussing it to crack before breaking entirely. He found himself correct as he laughed even louder in victory now.

There was a glowing Super Star in its place...

And Super Stars were made to make you invincible...

"I finally found it...and now...NO ONE CAN STOP MEEE!!!..."