Chapter Ten: Long Journey Ahead

(How would you guys feel if I made some art for this book? I see art for many other books I like and I just figured I could try to do the same. I wanna try to draw our cute boi Luigi anyway lmao)

That very same day at Peach's castle, the two guards on a balcony on top of the castle doors began blowing trumpet horns, as if trying to present the people behind the doors. They had gathered everyone for a special announcement from the Princess and to wish her luck on her journey to defeat Bowser with the Kong army. What they didn't know, however, was that she was bringing a new guy with her. That just so happened to be Mario.

Almost immediately when the doors opened, Mario's eyes went wide at seeing what was in front of him and the princess. A large crowd of toadstools, spreading all the way to the edge of the castle grounds, were cheering up and down for their princess. Peach noticed his look of shock and didn't seem surprised, as if expecting this. Sure, it had been forever since this many toads stood in front of the castle ever since The Great War but she didn't want to look back at that much anyway.
"They're ALL counting on us..."

"No pressure! :D" She added.

The princess simply shrugged with a smile and continued walking, keeping her hands together elegantly as so. Mario shortly followed, looking around at the strange creatures clapping and cheering for them...well, for the princess anyway...

Almost immediately after Mario would pass by folks, they would stop cheering and look at him in wonder, never seeing him before in their lives. Was he important to the plan perhaps?

When Mario and Princess Peach made it to the center next to a green pipe to get back to the Mushroom Forest to begin their journey, the princess turned back around to make a small speech. She wanted to keep her toads calm so they didn't worry.
"My Toads, our days of terror are ALMOST over!" She began, keeping her hands raised to show that they were confident in what they were doing. The toads stayed silent as she continued. The last time she had said this, they ended up failing and a lot of people were killed. The toads were a bit unsure.
"With the help of the Kong Army, WE. WILL. STOP-"

"Uhm, excuse me?"

"Who is HE?" A blue toad had raised its hand in question, which made Princess Peach puase. Mario smiled sheepishly, knowing that they were asking about his presence and why he was included in the plan. The princess tried to keep their spirits up, knowing her civilians would only get more concerned.

"He is...NOT IMPORTANT!"

Peach raised her fist high in determination with her response as the toads cheered once more. Mario didn't seem to like that response at first but he knew she had to say that to get her civilians off her case so he understood. With that being said, the princess turned around triumphantly and hopped down the green pipe. Mario shortly followed, hopping on top of the large pipe. A bit nervous, Mario smiled sheepishly and waved to the cheering crowd. It only took a moment for the magical green pipe to suck his arm in. When he tried pulling back, the rest of him went along with it, his hat flailing with him as so. This was going to be a tough journey but it wouldn't be anything Mario couldn't handle...hopefully...

Mario and Princess Peach began their long journey to the Jungle Kingdom, starting by walking through the Mushroom Forest. There was a long moment of silence between the two as Mario began to think. He was really hoping he could save his brother and the more he thought about it, the more nervous he became. The princess noticed this.
"You nervous?..." She asked with a small smile. Mario brightened up a little to push that feeling away.
"Who? Me?..." He asked with a sheepish smile, looking up at her as they walked. He chuckled to himself.
"Yes...A little..."

"We're going on an adventure!"

Mario and Princess Peach slightly slowed down their walking in confusion and wonder as someone could be heard singing enthusiastically. When they turned around, Toad hopped around and ran up in front of them excitedly. Neither of them expected to have a third member on their journey.
"Come on, guys!" He said happily as he did a small dance, pointing his fingers around and humming a tune. When he stopped and calmed himself down, Toad finally turned around to Mario, who was a bit confused.
"Hey, Mario!" He gleamed delightfully, turning to him and the princess. Not even the princess knew who he was, which was a bit surprising.
"You know this guy?..." She asked, looking at Mario in confusion, which surprised Mario since he figured she knew ALL the toads. Mario tried to speak but Toad interrupted him, shrugging it off like Mario was the best thing that ever happened to him.
"We're best friends! :D"