Chapter Eight: What a Peach!

AS PROMISED, here's another chap-...

I'm sorry-- 5K READS ALREADY?!? HOLY GOD!! THANKS, Y'ALL!!!! :D

Considering making a one-shot chapter at the end of this because I have WAYYY too many ideas for this but I can't fit them all in the story. (Plus, I wanted to thank y'all for the positivity you've given in this! Requests will be open for that shortly!)

A lot of bustling activity and serious tones could be heard within the main lobby of the giant castle. Seemed like there was a huge meeting going on while Mario was still being chased by the guards.

Inside was full of anxious toadstools, wondering why they were called there in such a hurry.
Several of those toads were in the center of the room, acting as the main royal court. They seem to be worried by the fact that the star had been stolen and that Bowser meant business this time around.

And with The Knoble Knight gone, they had to put things into their own hands now...

A magical platform suddenly moved up from the middle of the floor, summoning and building up pieces of their whole world as if it were a large map. There was the mushroom kingdom, a large green plain, a deserted island, a jungle kingdom with a golden monkey head, the Dark Lands, and the penguin Kingdom, which quickly turned into darkness as Bowser's ship took the star from it and began moving toward the castle.

(The fact they didn't include Toadsworth in this scene is kinda disappointing lol)

"Council! Your attention! Bowser has found the Super Star and is headed toward our kingdom!" A stern blue-dotted toad with glasses explained to the crew. Everyone watched as the miniature ship resembling Bowser's kingdom moved toward the castle with the star.
"Its power will make him invincible... and with The Knoble Knight gone, we WILL BE destroyed..." Gasps of shock and horror filled the room suddenly as the toads began to panic. Some even fainted. They were powerless against their sworn enemy now. They would surely die without help. Curious and fearful, the toads looked up forward.
"Princess, what are we gonna do?" One of the lime-colored toadstools asked. This princess is seen sitting in her thrown, thinking of a plan. This beautiful princess resembled the one shown in the glass pane of herself behind her. With golden locks and a beautiful pink dress, she begins to ponder for a moment before she looks down at them with determination. No matter what happened, she would NOT let Bowser hurt her civilians. Then again, she still wished her Knoble Knight was there to help her too.

"I will NOT let him hurt you..."

The princess, now known as Princess Peach, stood up triumphantly from her throne and began to walk down the red staircase toward her toads. She kept a smile, showing them that she knew what she was doing and that she had a full-thought-out plan.
"WE are going to STOP Bowser..." Suddenly, a yellow-capped toad looked at her with big pleading eyes.

"How? Look at us! We're ADORABLE!"

Princess Peach walked over to the royal court in the center of the room and looked down at the 3D map, gazing specifically at the jungle island with the golden monkey head.
"I'm going to convince the Great Kong Army to help us!" Peach explained thoroughly to her subjects. She knew that with the Kong Army by their side, they would outnumber Bowser's army and defeat them.
"Together, we'll ANNIHILATE that monster!" She continued, looking back at the toads, who seemed to agree with her plan. Seemed simple enough...to most of them... The court's leader brought his fist down, not exactly going with the idea. 
"Their mad king doesn't make alliances. The Kongs will NEVER agree..." He explained to the princess, almost hoping there was a Plan B in case this went wrong... like last time...