Chapter Two: First Day on The Job

(I'm telling y'all Luigi held so much husband material in this movie, like just, hear me out plz lmao)

Mario and Luigi are now seen getting into their yellow signature van in a hurry. They had just gotten their first job! Both brothers were anxious to get there on time as well. They didn't want to set a bad report right as their business just started.
Mario shifted the gears and started the van determinedly, ready to rumble.

The van only went a few inches before stopping again however, coughing up smoke in result.

Confused, Mario tried turning the key again as the van failed to start up again. He had just gotten it fixed. What was the hold up now?

Luigi fiddled with his hands nervously. At this rate, they weren't gonna get there on time and their first customers will be disappointed.
"Oh no! We're gonna be late!!" He freaked out, wondering if his brother had any other ideas.
"No we're not! Come on! Let's go!" Mario said in a serious tone, wanting to do anything to get there on time. He gave Luigi their work bag full of tools and hopped out of the van. This was their first customer! They weren't gonna screw it up because of a broke down van.

The next idea was to run all the way there on foot.

Might not have been the brightest idea Mario had but he saw no other option in getting there.
Mario made a quick run for it as Luigi hopped out of the van as well, hurriedly but not as smooth as his brother was.
Mario leaped over a trash can while turning a corner, acting like a parkour star all of a sudden.
Meanwhile, Luigi was pretty much bumping into everything as he quickly tried following his brother. He ended up bumping into the trash can, causing a cat to leap out and hiss at him as he punched onto his face.

Mario could hear Luigi's struggles as he continued running and tried getting him to be more confident.
"Come on, Lu! Step on it!" A man in the street opened his car door and without hesitation, Mario leaped through the car window.
Because the cat was still attacking Luigi, he ended up bumping into a woman and then a fruit stand by a grocery store.
An older man then walked out of the store, wondering what all the ruckus was before Luigi stuffed the cat into his grocery bag, startling him.
"Here you go!" Luigi shouted as he ran past. The now-terrified cat peeked out of the man's bag and meowed lowly.

Meanwhile, Mario turned a corner and found out that from in-between here to their destination stood a large construction sight. They were gonna have to get through it to make it there on time. Soon enough, Luigi caught up to him trying to catch his breath. It didn't take long for Mario to step back and quickly continue running away. Luigi began to think he was crazy for doing something this dangerous.
"Oh Mario! What are you doing?!" Luigi shouted in worry, running after his brother.

Starting this off like some sort of obstacle course, Mario crawled up over the fence. He was at least polite enough to open the gate door for his younger brother. As they continued, Mario leaped up over a construction man by his helmet, enabling him to get up and over on some boards and giant loop rings of hoses.
"Hey! Get off of there!!" The construction man warned them as Luigi tried following the best he could, climbing up a ladder and getting over the hoses instead of what Mario stunted.

Mario then leaped over a ledge and was polite enough once more to knock a board down for Luigi to cross it, not wanting to risk him jumping over and falling.
Luigi's older brother then had the guts to push a man off the edge and leap on a box, hoping up onto a half built structure. Luigi seemed to be xatching up just fine but that was before he ended up stepping in wet cement.
"Hey, watch it there!!" Another construction worker shouted while Luigi repeatedly apologized, feeling rude that they were interrupting their important work space.
Mario swung back down onto the ground using a loose chain and part of an escalator. He then ran up some stairs and made it over to the other side of the construction sight safely, keeping over the fence and sliding down the pole of a sign for a restaurant called 'Castle Burger'.