Chapter Eleven: Jailbirds of a Feather

(This is where things start getting interesting. More new lore, and Luigi and (Y/n) escapade moments too 😉)

(I've been seeing a kind of trend here lately where I get around 100 reads a day so imma try my best to update more often! I apologize if some scenes are out of order. I had to do what I could to fit in al the extra scenes I wanted in.)

(Also, this is their chase music btw ^)

It had taken a long while but eventually, and unfortunately, the hot air balloon soared through the dark clouds and made its way down to the front of Bowser's ship. The Shy Guys forced Luigi and (Y/n) down, forcing them to follow as the front Shy Guy held onto the rope keeping our heroes' hands tied.
"Please don't be here. Please don't be here. Please don't be here..." (Y/n) continued mumbling to herself, praying and hoping that Bowser wasn't in fact sitting at his throne and instead was playing the piano or something. She hated that guy with every cell of her body.

As they walked inside, the Shy Guys continued pushing the two prisoners to follow them in as Luigi looked around at his new surroundings in fear. His suspicions seemed to be correct. This place was NOT to be taken kindly.
Luigi continued gazing around as he spotted a giant statue of the large reptile famously known as Bowser. He had paid too much attention to the statue as he slowed his walking to the point that the Shy Guys had to force him to keep walking.
"*Sigh* Dang it..." (Y/n) looked up and found Bowser and Kamek at the throne, grinning at them mischievously. Bowser clenched his fists in interest as the Shy Guys shoved Luigi and (Y/n) to the ground. If (Y/n) hadn't been bound by the ropes, she would've taken them all on by now.
"We found them in the Dark Lands..." One of the Shy Guys spoke, its voice sounding hoarsely yet spooky. Luigi struggled to get himself up for a moment as Bowser sneered, flaring his nostrils with pride and interest. (Y/n) helped Luigi sit up as his terrified expression only grew. He had never seen anything like this before! He almost preferred having to deal with Francis than this guy, which was saying a lot for him.

"Leave them to me..." Bowser smirked, stepping down the small set of stairs. Luigi leaned back fearfully as (Y/n) glared at him furiously, already bored and tired of this. This was how it went literally EVERY TIME. One of Bowser's goons would find her, Bowser would torment her and then she'd find a way to escape. It was just a never ending cycle. Why Bowser kept her so long? Nobody knows.

"Come on, Bowser. We've been over this several times already. Why do you keep taking me back here? Ain't I enough of a bother to you?" (Y/n), again, tried convincing them to let her go. She was tired of staying in this wretched place. Again, they refused to.
Bowser ignored (Y/n) and looked over at Luigi, almost curious to see what he had to say. The monster signaled Kamek slightly and the next thing Luigi knew, his ropes were free and now he was suspended in the air by strange magic. He was suddenly face-to-face with Bowser, which made his heart race and made him terrified. (Y/n) tried reaching out to him, but the Shy Guys held her back by the rope. She knew Luigi had nothing to do with this. This was supposed to be a matter between only the two of them.

"What is your name?" Bowser asked with a wide smirk, spinning Luigi around in the air. Luigi's heart continued accelerating out of fear, scared of what Bowser would do to him.
"Uhh, L-Luigi..." He stuttered out fearfully. (Y/n) glared at Bowser, tense at what Bowser was planning. He was planning something alright.
"Not sure if you know who I am...but I'm about to marry a princess and rule the world." Bowser snapped with his sharp claws menacingly, showing Luigi that he meant business. Bowser continued examining Luigi, holding his head up as so. Luigi smiled sheepishly slightly, wondering whose side Bowser was in.

"Wow...yayyy..."

Bowser tipped Luigi's hat back in place the more he spoke. He had to get something out of this guy.
"But there's one problem, 'Luigi'. There's a human traveling with my fiancee... has a mustache just like you...Do you know him?..." The large turtle then began twirling Luigi's mustache around, much to Luigi's dissatisfaction. The human he was talking about must be Mario! If Mario was traveling with his fiancee, that must mean this guy wasn't all that great.
(Y/n) also peeked up in amusement. There was yet another human! Why were they with the princess?