Chapter Twelve: Blurred Memories

(I need ideas on how the new book cover should look like ;-;)

(If you recognize what the title of this chapter references, we're now best friends :3)

Around the same time Luigi and (Y/n) had successfully escaped from Bowser's ship, our trio of heroes Mario, Toad, and Princess Peach finally decide to rest for the night under a tree in the middle of a huge fire flower patch.
The princess had begun searching around for firewood for a campfire (SLAYYY), Toad had been unpacking his large bag to rest for the night, and Mario...

.....

Mario was upset....

He had never been away from Luigi for this long before.

Even though it had only been over a day since they separated, Mario was desperate to get his brother back.
Mario took off his hat and took a glance at the signature M in the center of it, tracing his thumb against the fabric of the red hat in thought. Flashbacks of his childhood came to mind.

There was the time his mother had sewn both his and Luigi's hats back when they were kids. When she had placed Mario's hat on his head, the hat was so big, it covered his eyes not long before it flopped down and covered his face. Both young Mario and Luigi laughed at this.

Then there was the time Mario found Luigi playing their grandfather's old piano. Truth be told Mario did not like the piano and he could never figure out why, but his younger brother still convinced him to play the old loud keys with him anyway.

There was another time when he and Luigi got a big job at this glorious new hotel with Spi--

*PLOP!*

Before Mario could dwell more into the past, the Princess had finished gathering firewood and dropped the wood in a pile. Mario looked up at her as she brushed off her gloves. Peach held a look of sympathy, knowing he was upset.
"Thinking about your brother?" She asked him with a small smile. Even though she never met his brother before, she still knew what it felt like to lose someone she cared about.
"We've never been apart this long..." Mario admitted with a hint of guilt in his tone. It was true. Even when, and if, Mario decided to hang out with his other friends in his childhood, he still never left Luigi's side for more than 4 hours. He cared a lot about his brother.

Princess Peach smiled nonetheless, trying to keep Mario's hopes up.
"Don't worry. We're going to save him..." She softly spoke reassuringly as she turned back to the fire flower patch. Mario gleamed up in return, glad to see he was getting help on this mission.
Peach returned to trying to get the fire started, which wasn't a hard task. She reached down and simply placed her hand against one of the flower petals. A burning spark flowed through her hand, spreading across her body magically. The fire flower's magic changed her dress colors to red and white, not long before Peach received fire powers of her own.
A burning fireball then appeared on her hand as she threw it in the air and caught it again. Peach examined and played around with the fireball and then flicked it at the pile of wood, which sparked up in flames in seconds.
Mario was both surprised and amazed by this. This world was no longer just strange to him, it was amazing! He had never seen anything like this before...and seeing Peach master all of this made him begin to think. Was she here her entire life? Was she perhaps sent here through a warp pipe as well? Where was she really from?

"You don't seem like you're from here..." Mario started, standing up and setting his hat back up on his head. Princess Peach turned back to him, crossing her arms in thought.
"I...have no idea where I'm from..." She admits with a small smile. Mario was a bit surprised by this. 
"Really...?" He asked, wanting to know more. Peach nodded in response.
"Yep. My earliest memory is...arriving..." She states, seemingly thinking back to the past.

Little baby Peach stumbles out of a giant warp pipe in wonder and awe with a pink binkie in her mouth. She had been wearing a large purple cape to protect her from the cold but where she had come from was still a mystery.
When Peach first arrived in the Mushroom Kingdom, a bunch of Toads peeked out from where they were in interest and confusion. None of them had ever seen a human being before. She was adorable!

"I was so lucky they found me..." Princess Peach states as she remembers this as if it were yesterday.

Baby Peach stuck her binkie in a yellow toad's mouth playfully. Seeing as he was still curious, she giggled like the child she was and hugged him tightly, as if they were family immediately.

"They took me in..."

Baby Peach had grown up with the Toads as they helped her get used to her new life, going fishing, catching little bumblebees, and playing around with the penguins... The one Toad that had stuck with Peach the most in her life as a father figure was perhaps the oldest and wisest Toad of them all...

Toadsworth...

"Raised me as their own...and one day..."

The faithful day had come when Peach grew up as a very pretty and trained adult and was officially crowned with her common immovable crown, obviously being throned by Toadsworth himself. Princess Peach sat up tall to show off her new duty to her Toads.

"They made me their Princess..."

Peach smiled brighter and then stood up from her new throne. She then picked up a sword Toadsworth gave her and walked up to what appeared to be the Knoble Knight in her new armor suit.

"And it wasn't long before I made a new friend..."

(Y/n) got down on one knee and bowed for a moment before looking back up and smiling at Peach with pride. Princess Peach smiled in return and got herself ready to officially knight her.

The princess brings herself back to the present and looks at Mario with a small smile, being done with her backstory. There really wasn't much else to tell except...

The Great War...

but she wasn't ready to look back into that yet...

"Hey, maybe you two are from my world!" Mario states with a smile, assuming that because she was human, that would be where she came from when she was a child. She must've gotten lost and found herself there.
Princess Peach smiled and turned around to look at the beautiful night sky in thought.
"There's a huge universe out there...with a lot of galaxies..." She explains to him kindly, stating that there are many places she and the Knoble Knight could've come from. They could've come from anywhere at that point!

Although, Peach was sure the Knoble Knight might've come from somewhere in outer space, for she always talked about being friends with many of the princesses in their world, including one that apparently lived in outer space with the stars.

It was kinda hard to believe, truth be told...

Peach turned back to Mario with a small smile as he continued thinking about it. They both looked at each other for a moment before turning to continue gazing at the starry galaxy-like sky in silence. They really did have a long journey ahead but just one peaceful night was all they would like before going back out there again. In the corner under a tree, Toad is peacefully playing his small flute... just some peaceful music to end the night with... a good night's rest should keep Mario well from his thoughts right?....

right...?