CHAPTER 8: "Ignite Me"

Monday morning dawned bright and beautiful. After the whole little "Ethan episode" with Red (they decided to call it) both Lizzie and Red persuaded them to stay one more day; "one more day wouldn't hurt...please, I insist..." Red said with a little glimmer in his eyes. By Saturday night he was almost okay... he would chat with Aram, flirt with Samar and tease Donald; but there were still some times when he would zone out but immediately post on a smile. Lizzie would hold his hand smiling lovingly at her and he would smile back and squeeze her hand telling her he was okay. "You two are sooo cheesy..." Ressler teased them, he would never admit it, but he was happy that Raymond Reddington was back. Red tilted his head, and smiled at him smugly; "honestly Donald, I think you're just jealous..." he kissed the back of Lizzie's hand before continuing "stop slipping on some banana peels and maybe you'll find yourself a lovely girl..." Ressler huffed at him which made the others laugh. "I'm glad you're back Red, I'm glad you're back..." Harold Cooper said initiating a toast; Red smiled earnestly and raised his glass to his toast; "It's good to be back..." he looked at Lizzy and smiled at her lovingly thanking her with unspoken words and reverberating passions melting inside of him and oozing through his pores.

They had spent a lot of Sunday at the beach; they even played beach volley. Who would have known both Reddington and Cooper were very good players. They had wonderful lunch out downtown and a lovely dinner prepared by the Concierge of Crime himself. "Liz wasn't lying when she said you could cook..." Aram said in kind, all the while piercing another piece of roasted baby potato and devouring it. Red laughed heartily, a sound that filled Lizzie's heart with so much joy, it was a sound she thought she'd never had the pleasure of hearing again; "did she now?" Red replied taking Lizzie's hand in his. Dinner went well, they shared laughs, stories of mischiefs and more, it was like a regular Sunday family dinner. At dinner's end, Red decided to post a toast, he thanked them in all earnest for helping them keep this as a secret. "I am forever indebted to you... yes, sad to say even you Donald..." he said teasing; "a toast to a long lasting...allegiance between you and I..." he said raising his glass as they answered him in kind, clinking their glasses as the toast was approved.

All too soon, Monday came and they had to leave, they had packed their bags and were all ready to go until Red intervened; "Dembe, be sure to tell the flight attendant to have the cars ready for them when they get to DC." They all looked at Reddington as if he'd gone crazy, he raised a brow appalled at how they had gotten where they are. "Don't tell me you flew in by coach..." he looked from one face to another "Lizzie?" he asked, Liz looked at her and knitted her brows "of course they flew in coach-" but she was cut off by Red "and now you're flying back on the Jet. Dembe have the jet ready to fly now. Make sure its gassed so they can be on their way, and the cars waiting for them on DC airport..." Dembe nodded and went to make a phone call "Red, there's no need, it's fine..." Harold interjected "Harold, no please... I insist... I've troubled you enough..." "if you do..." Harold prodded "yes, I do." Red said with a smile.

They made their final goodbyes, and hugged one another. "I'm not hugging you Red, but I'm glad you're back..." Ressler said offering his hand for a shake; Reddington took it heartily and clapped his back laughing; "I wouldn't expect any less from you Donald." Aram was a little hesistant but Red only laughed and pulled him in; "I do not bite, Aram... unless you want me to..." he said as he took the younger man in his arms for a hug; they all hugged Liz and gave their final waves before entering the car. They watched the car drive away before entering the house. Liz pulled Red inside the house, once they were inside she placed her arms around his neck and kissed him soundly; "I am sooo glad to have you all on my own..." Red sighed and leaned forward letting his forehead rest against hers; "anything wrong?" Lizzie asked while she scratched the short nails on the back of his head. He only shook his head and kissed her tenderly on the lips; "I'm sorry Lizzie...I'm sorry for everything..." he said closing his eyes and pulling her closer to him. Lizzie pulled him in for a very long and deep kiss; "don't..." she said closing her eyes and clinging on to him; "don't be... I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said those to you...I shouldn't have pushed you away..."

"I only wanted to keep you safe..." he said just above a whisper "I couldn't bear to lose you Lizzie..." he said burring his face on the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry Red, I'm so so so... sorry..." she said peppering his face with little kisses before placing a loving one to his lips. "I love you..." he whispered to her before kissing her softly "I love you so much..." he said looking into the depths of her blue eyes. She could only see the love that was burning in his eyes and nothing more. She could see and feel how much this man feels for her and what had she done to him? She had called him a monster, a liar. She even lied to him, about Tom, about her feelings towards him; she even told him that she never loved him. And yet he's still there for her, he only wants to keep her safe, and he always had done. Liz kissed her way from his face to his mouth before pulling him into the bedroom determined to wash away all the hurt she had caused him, and ready to prepare his already beaten heart.

There was something to be said about love and how it can change a person's outlook on things. Lizzie thought she knew what love is, but what she had experienced before Red couldn't fill a thimble in comparison. His smile, his laugh, it was everything to her; he took every opportunity to touch her, hold her hand, to wrap his arms around her, even to brush a stray hair away from her face. He was never pushy nor demanding; it looked like that as if he lived for the sole purpose of protecting her, loving her, and simply being there for her. He was the hideous fish, and she was his ray of light; "you're my second chance..." she heard his voice inside her head, and she couldn't think of anymore greater feeling in the world. She knew what Naomi had said, but she deemed that she was only partly right. Raymond Reddington was indeed a master at making her feel like she was indeed the center of his universe. The funny thing is, she believed him.

Raymond thought there was no longer a reason for her close proximity. He was no longer fragile; he hadn't had a nightmare for some time now; they were far and between unlike the first few weeks after they had found him. But still she would hold him at night; held him still each and every night. How he lived for the night. She would place small kisses on his cheek, wrap her arms around him tight; holding him all through the night. She had always been a light sleeper and she would know when he was having a nightmare, when he would, he would wake up to her running her hands on his arms, touching his face gently, telling her he was okay, that she was okay, and she wouldn't let anything happen to him again.

He loved her, with that she had no doubt. How she missed those nights back then; at night he held her, always held her tight; but terrified that he would wake her with the weight if his arm, how considerate he was. She longed for the times when she would feel his erection pressing onto her backside; she wanted to see the fire that ignite in his eyes when he looked at her body. The feral feeling he possess when they make love, it was always tender and sweet; now she knows why its called "making love."

And now, their shared kisses, small pecks that left their pupils dilated and wanted more...so much more. She placed a series of small kisses all over his face, while his hands found her sides and tickled her so; she giggled earning a soft smile on his face; how he adored her, how he longed to see her smile. He snaked an arm around her waist and place small kisses on her neck making her giggle even more; God! How he loved her. she is adorable. Her giggles turned into happy shrieks as he nibbled on her neck and growled. He slowed the pace of their kisses, becoming more intent on the journey towards her mouth. Ragged breaths, but no protests left their mouths. They were both excited turned on even, and happy that they still had that fire.

Looking into each other's eyes they saw love reflecting through making their skin tingle and their hairs stand on an end. Finally they closed the gap and his lips descended onto hers. For the first time in a long time, Red felt the brush of her tongue on his lips. It was electrifying, and galvanized him to action. He hugged her to him and hoarsely whispered; "are you sure Lizzie?" he asked in a small voice "I-if..it's alright if you...no longer feel the same way about me...I-I-u-understand..." he finished with a lump on his throat. His eyes were laced with fear, joy, pain even and anxiety. She placed a loving his to his forehead, then to his cheek, on the tip of his nose and finally on the lips "I want you Red, I always have...and I will and always love you..." she said giving him one final kiss on the lips.