CHAPTER 19: "Beautiful In White."

Through the layers of gossamer the crisp and wonderful mid afternoon sun streaked. Her nervous felt clipped across the cool, floorboards towards where it hung. That beautiful white dress that hung from inspire the wardrobe. She never thought this day would come, she thought she'd never be happy again, but she was wrong. Oh, so wrong.

The dress was nothing she word ever have dreamed of. It was like something out of a fairytale book, it was all so surreal and yet it was now her reality. She reached to bring the dressed down and gasped at the designer name delicately seen into the bodice. A name she could never afford on his own; he remembered oh so well that she wanted him to pick out something for her, and when she saw this one, it was like a dream, and if it was, she never wanted to wake up.

Elizabeth woke up the morning of their wedding, feeling the first glorious rays of sunshine on her face. On the way to Poros a week before the wedding she and Red had so much fun being reunited once more with the whole team. Aram, Samar, Cooper and Charlene, and Ressler. And of course, Alan along with Denny was there too. They would never miss it for the world. She was feeling nervous but still happy that she'll be marrying the love of her life, but it wasn't the bride who stole everybody's attention, it was little Masha. She is 6 months old now, and loved every bit of attention she could get. "Da-da" little Masha said as Red re-entered the room all the way from the cockpit to have a word with the assist and pilot.

Red thought his heart was going to burst with joy the first time he heard this little monster of theirs called him that. He was a dad. He was this baby's dad, he wanted to cry and laugh and hug his kid and kiss his beautiful Lizzie. "Da-daaaa!!" Her short little arms reached up, little fingers grabbing at the air between them, asking to be picked up. Wanting to be picked up. Red couldn't resist any longer. Taking a short stride from where he stood and from where Alan sat, he scooped the small girl up and held him against his chest "aww...." Ressler cooed at them "look at that, father-daughter bonding time... I must say Liz, your baby is very one sided..." Liz smacked him playfully on the chest. Their little girl smiled brightly and made excited noses; "hello there little missy..." He cooed back at his daughter
"Da-da, da-da, da-da..." The kid cooed, putting her arms around her father's neck before placing wet open mouthed kisses on his cheek, making him and everybody laugh "I guess it's true that no one could really resist Raymond Reddington's charm." Harold quipped making them laugh again "oh cmon now Harold, don't compliment him. His head is big enough as it is..." Lizzie joked back.
"Who's that?" Red said pointing to Lizzie "Ma-ma" everyone grinned proudly at the child "that's right princess, that's mommy, and who's this?" "Bam-ba!" Ellie exclaimed, clapping her hands and grinning toothless lay, making the others laugh. "Looks like you have s new name, Dembe... Lizzie quipped with a smile and Dembe smiled and reached to run his hand over the baby's hair." Red pointed to himself "who am I?" He asked "Da-da!" Red laughed "you're such a small little girl.." Making the others coo "who's that baby?" Red asked pointing to Kate "Kay..." Ellie smiled at the older woman "that one, who's that baby girl?" Red pointed out and Ellie squealed in delight "Ducky!!" Ellie said without preamble making the people around them laugh and for Donald to drop his jaw "that's just not fair..." Donald said in a fake pout "I swear, I didn't teach her that...Lizzie defended herself." They all laughed "I just showed her some donkey characters..." Red said teasingly.

Ellie grinned and grabbed Red's hand in both of his little ones. "Woo-Voo Da-da!!" They all looked down at the little girl on Red's lap, with their mouths agape but nonetheless happy, even Red was shocked but smiled nonetheless. His eyes were watery from her words and he blinked quickly so that they wouldn't spill over. He swallowed hard and hugged his baby daughter "i love you too Ellie-baby..." He said and they all looked at the man in front of them, who was so humbled by love. Their hearts poured out for him, they were both happy and sad. They were happy because he finally found redemption in the for, of Lizzie, and sad because he had to lose a family before. They could imagine him with his family before, and their heart ached for him; even a criminal didn't deserve what he went through with his family.
The sun was setting by the time they reached Poros, and the way they rays of light played off in the water was magical.