CHAPTER 18: "Baby Love"

Lizzie groaned as a sliver of light hit her face effectively waking her up from the much needed sleep. She'd been awake the night prior throwing up, and hadn't gotten much sleep. Her head was pouring and felt like s thousand rocks were rattling around inside, so she did her best not to move unless needed.
The pregnancy showed positive two months ago, she ran up to him and crushed herself to him squealing in delight. She'd never considered the possibility that she could get pregnant and was having serious thoughts on how will she finally complete their little family. Sometimes she thought of not having children at all, but oh how she wanted one, or some. She didn't get pregnant with Tom so one thought it wasn't possible, she tried to dispel the chances of having a family born into Red and resigned herself to adopting or to no children but she couldn't do that to Red; not after what happened to his daughter. He deserved a chance, and she would give him a family that he'd been longing for.
He had swung her around and held her close into his arms, and told her how much he loved her, thanked her endlessly and she'd a few tears of happiness. When they'd finished they laid on the couch and si cussed their options and plans now that there was a baby included in the equation. They decided to keep on traveling as long as her pregnancy allowed it to be and when the time came they'll settle down in their house in Annapolis, or a house he owned in Scotland. When they had finished their baby talk, he stood up and held out his hand for her to take, he lead her to the bedroom are and began to stop off her clothes slowly kissing her and softly sliding his hands over her body. She'd responded by doing the. Same and whispered in her ear how much he loved and thanked her endlessly and they tenderly made love. She believed that his thanks had been eternal and she thanked him when he pulled away and gently pulled her against his bare chest. He leaned over and kissed her jaw softly before drifting off to sleep; she hand been able to do this with Tom, not ever. And she was happy that Red was here, caring, protecting, and loving her. Eventually she drifted off to sleep lulled by the sound of his slow and steady breathing.

She looked back often to that night with so much fondness and thought how sweet and Caring he had been. He was still Raymond Reddington though, and with that name came a lot of sass, class, and so much more. He wasn't away much anymore, there were still some issues with them but whenever they feel a threat the FBI would call telling them "it's fine, we've handled it, you're good to go..." And of course Dembe was there trying to tie up loose ends, but every now and then Red had certain appearances to make.

One night when she was in bed tying to sleep she felt him leaning down and kissed her forehead. She opened an eye and smiled at him "hey..." He smiled "hi, sweetie..." She touched his cheek and lulled him down for a kiss "get your clothes off and come to bed..." She beckoned. He looked tired but still gave her a smile and nodded "I'm just going to shave and take a quick shower, then come to bed." She gave her a sleepy smile "that's fine." He leaned down and kissed her forehead once more then stood up; she can hear him rustling for some clothing before entering and shutting the bathroom door. She suddenly felt wide awake and knew that wasn't possible after being close to sleep just seconds ago.
She got up to use the bathroom, so she dragged herself out of bed and knocked on the door "babe, can I come in? I need to pee..." She heard the slightly muffled reply "come on in sweetie..." She walked inside and saw that he had stripped down to his boxers and nothing more, and he looked entirely too good at the moment, and she couldn't keep her eyes off him and his body.
She watched as he shaved and didn't knew why she found it fascinating suddenly. She'd watched him do it multiple times, but figured her brain was acting crazy at the moment. He caught her eye in the mirror and smirked "sweetie, I thought you were gonna use the bathroom?" He asked sweetly. She blinked catching herself out of her reverie, "yeah-I -do."
She peed quickly then washed her hands and he was just finishing up. He smiled and turned to her "I thought you were out to sleep a while ago, what happened sweetie?" She shrugged and stepped forward to wipe away some cream he'd missed on his face. As her finger glided away from his face, he caught her wrist and pulled her into a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and whispered "Lizzie, sweetheart you must know that i realize what you're going through at the moment, and I know it feels like hell, and I feel terrible that I can't always be there for you when you're sick. I'm not out there doing what you might think I'm doing. I just want to ensure your protection the best way I know how to, is there any way you can be just a little more patient with me?"
He could've said rude things to her, called her a fattened cow, told her that she was as big as a whale, and that her hormones are just outrageous, he could have called her ugly but she wouldn't have cared at all. Right now, he smelt like home, and his presence calmed her knowing that he is safe. She nuzzled his neck "I just want to know that you're always safe. I don't want anything bad to happen to you, and when you're gone all the time I couldn't help but to worry about you... It's kinda hard to think of you not being here." Red lulled back slightly and kissed her tenderly "that won't be the case for much longer, I promise."
She nodded and leaned forward to kiss him lightly, but before she could pull away he slipped his hand behind her neck and deepened the kiss. His lips slid home to hers insistently until she responded by tuning her tongue over his lower lip and allowed her entrance. She felt light-headed with desire, and love. She put her hands on his hips and pulled him flush to her and he heard his low growl. He placed wet open mouth kisses on her neck and collarbone. She was wearing one of his old shirts that hung from her shoulder which allowed him easy access.
He moved his hands to take off her shirt s no stopped him by pushing in his shoulder "i think I need that shower too..." He smiled and bit her lip; Red smiled back and kissed her forehead "why don't you say we move this there?"
Liz felt so much loved and taken care of by him for the first time in days, it was times like these that she didn't doubt that he would always come home, or what their future held. She wished she could bottle up that feeling and never let it go, because it was priceless.