Chapter 7

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Here we are, back at the base," Natasha said as we landed at the base. I let out a shaky breath, taking the box before following Natasha inside.

"Where have you two been?" Steve asked as he hurried to us. He stopped when he looked at what I was wearing. "Is that Bucky's favorite sweatshirt? And his dog tags? B-but how?"

"That's where we went. I wanted to see if after all these years, the stuff was still in our cave. It was all there, in this big box that I hid in there," I said. Steve raised his eyebrows.

"Wow. That's incredible. Listen, we can go through it later, right now we kind of have a problem. I figured something out, come with me," Steve said, taking the box from me and giving it to Natasha. "Will you bring that to your room you two share?"

"Yeah, of course. See you guys in a bit," Natasha said before heading off.

It was at that moment when Steve grabbed my wrist and dragged me to Bruce's lab that I realized he had some sort of blaster. I'd say gun, but it does not look like a gun. Looks almost like something you'd see in Star Wars.

"I wonder what phase 2 is," Tony said once we got into the room. Steve placed the weapon on a table.

"Phase two is that they use the tesseract to build dangerous weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a bit slow for me," Steve said, looking at Tony. Tony looked back up at Steve before something popped up onto his computer.

"Rogers we gathered everything related to the tesseract, that does not mean that we-"

"Hang on, what were you lying?" Tony asked, turning the screen towards Nick and cutting off his sentence. The screen showed the weapon Steve had found.

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit," Steve said.

"Hang on, I want to know why shield is using the tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction," Bruce said, looking to Nick.

"Because of him," Nick said, pointing to Thor who looked back at him confused.

"Me?" Thor asked, pointing to himself and looking around at everyone else to see if they had answers.

"Last year, Earth had a visit from another planet that had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned," Nick said.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet!" Thor defended, obviously offended Nick thought his people would try to kill them.

"But you aren't the only ones out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people that can't be matched, that can't be controlled!" Nick said. Soon everyone was arguing about what we've been told.

"Are you guys really that dense? Shield monitors potential threats," Natasha said.

"Captain America is on threat watch?" Bruce asked, not believing it.

"We all are!" Natasha said. Tony turned to Steve.

"You're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?" Tony asked, making Steve get really annoyed.

"I swear, Stark, one more wisecrack out of you-"

"Threat! Verbal threat! I'm being threatened!" Tony stated, pointing to Steve. Steve rolled his eyes.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" Steve asked, turning fully to Tony.

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist," Tony said, looking at Steve. Natasha shrugged in a way to where she agreed with Tony, but didn't say anything.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you," Steve said. I sighed, wishing the two of them would just get along.

"I think I would just cut the wire," Tony said with a shrug. Steve looked to me with a smug smile and chuckled a bit before looking to Tony.

"Always a way out... you know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero," Steve said.

"A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!" Tony exclaimed.

"Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds," Steve said, getting closer to Tony.

"I'm not afraid to hurt an old man," Tony said, getting closer to Steve.

"Guys! Stop! There's no use in fighting, we're supposed to be a team!" I exclaimed, going between the two.

"Yeah, listen to your little girlfriend, Rogers," Tony said, causing Steve to flare his nostrils.

"Don't talk to or about her like that, Stark. Besides, she was about to become my best friend's girlfriend," Steve said, my eyes watering at the mention of that. I'm still wearing the dog tags and sweatshirt.

"Ah, he's. Bucky, was it? Well-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," I said, turning to glare at him. Tony's eyes widened before he decided to be smart and shut up. Nick decided to just step in before anything got heated. He turned to Natasha.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his-"

"Back where? You rented my room!" Bruce said. Nick sighed and continued talking.

"The cell was built-"

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried," Bruce said, everyone looking at him with both shock and sympathy. "I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth...and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!"

Bruce looked to Natasha. "You wanna know my secret, Agent Ramanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?" Bruce asked, not even realizing the movements he was making. Everyone reached for some sort of weapon.

"Dr. Banner...put down the scepter," Steve said softly. Bruce looked at him confused before looking down at his hand to see he was holding the scepter Loki had brought. The computer suddenly started to beep.

"I got it," Tony said, moving to the computer.

"Sorry kid. You don't get to see my party tricks after all," Bruce said.

At that point something flew in. That thing happened to be a bomb. Suddenly it exploded and everyone was blasted to different places, Steve, Tony, and I ended up staying together.

"Put on the suit," Steve said, helping me and Tony up.

"Yep," Tony said, the three of us running away.

We're in big trouble.

A/n,
Here's a new chapter! Lol a lot of it is definitely not in the correct order. All of the lines I found online were all jumbled up. I tried! I didn't want it to get too boring or whatever so I didn't put everything. I hope you guys still liked it though! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!