Submission (John Lydon One-Shot)

The death of Sid Vicious was a shock to the world. But, just like anyone else, it was those closest to him that were really affected by it. You were good friends with Sidney, as you liked to call him and with all of the Sex Pistols. You were introduced to everyone in the early days of their formation by Vivienne Westwood as you worked in her shop and it was her partner, Malcolm McLaren who created the Pistols. You really had become close to all of them quickly and followed them around practically everywhere they went. The only person who you spent more time with than Sid was John. Yes, you had fallen for the lead singer. But it wasn't just some groupie crush, you had seen every side of him both on and off stage. He could be very funny and clever and sensitive. And when Sidney died he was more vulnerable than ever.

John had left the band a short time prior to Sid's death, but came back to talk after hearing the news. He was even able to hold a conversation with Steve Jones, who he had never managed to get on with. When things started to die down a bit, you took John into a separate room. "I'm so sorry John." He briefly looked into your eyes before turning his gaze to his feet. "It's alright (Y/N), it wasn't your fault. He really liked you, you know. Said you were a calming influence in all the chaos." You brushed your hand against his arm, trying to comfort him but knowing he wasn't really the type for affection. He looked at your face again, staying there for a while. All you could hear was the sound of his breathing. "He was my only friend. And I killed him. I was the one who brought him into all of this and it killed him. And now I've got no one." John looked ready to cry and it broke your heart. "You've still got me John. I know you're hurting, we all are. We will get through this together." You then made the decision to hug him and was shocked when he didn't push you away and eventually wrapped his arms around you. "I really miss him, (Y/N)."

You pulled away to wipe the tears from John's face. "Sid wouldn't want to see you like this." John gave a half-hearted chuckle at that. He gave a sniff and a small smile formed on his face. "Yeah. Sidney would get at me for being too emotional. Not so rotten after all." John looked into your eyes and leaned in to give you a kiss. It was short but meant so much to you. It let you know how much he really cared about you and that he didn't want to be alone. You couldn't help but smile widely, repeating John's words. "Not so rotten after all."