Something New(Set It Off One-Shot)

You were scrolling through (favourite social media), when you saw that Set It Off had made a new post.

  Set It Off:Who's excited to see us live? Where should we play this year?🎶

You smiled, getting even more excited for the new album(Midnight), and made your comment.

You:If you come to (city in UK), I will pay for you to go to Nando's.

You silently laughed to yourself and turned your phone off.

   You never really thought about the post again. That was, until you got a reply.

Set It Off replied to your comment.

Your eyes widened, but you tried your best to remain calm. You went into the notification and read the reply.

Set It Off:😂We'll hold you to that.

You did everything to stop yourself from screaming. Wait, no. Calm down. They wouldn't have actually been serious. But still, it was quite an accomplishment even to get a reply. For the rest of the day, you couldn't stop smiling to yourself. That night, you could barely sleep, but you tried your best. You could hear your phone go off, probably just another group chat notification.

   The next day you were, thankfully, not as giddy. You yawned and picked up your phone. As expected, you had a message.

So, we have kept our end of the bargain, when's Nando's?

  Set It Offxx

You sort of had to do a double take. You rubbed your eyes, making sure this wasn't some sleepy hallucination. But, no, it was still staring at you from the screen. You replied, still slightly stunned, and set the date for the day after the concert. Now, if you thought you were giddy yesterday, then think again.

  With each day, you returned more to normality, until it came to the day of the concert. They were amazing. It was surreal even being near the back of a Set It Off concert. Their lyrics kept running through your head throughout the night:

So let me show you something new, I need a little revolution, this could be like a revelation, make you see the power a change has over you, let me show you something new

And this was going to be something very new indeed. You had agreed with the guys just to meet at the restaurant, since there were a few of you. You took a deep breath and pushed open the doors. You found a member of staff. "Hello, excuse me? Do you have a table for (surname)?" They led you to your table. Set It Off were nowhere in sight. You checked your watch, they should have been here by now. The door to the restaurant opened, and it became immediately louder. You looked up, there they were. You stood up to go meet them, as they probably didn't know who to look for. "Hello Cody, Dan, Maxx and Zach! My name is (Y/N), and our table is over there." You said pointing behind you. "He-Hi-llo (Y/N)." came their joint, jumbled reply. To your surprise, they encased you in a group hug. Once you got to your seats, a server asked what you were having. Dan went first "Can I get the mushroom halloumi wrap with double peri peri fries?" You couldn't believe that you were sitting at a table with THE Set It Off. "Miss. Miss?" You got snapped out of your thoughts by the server. "Oh! Um, sorry." You blushed. The server left after you ordered.

  "You guys were AMAZING last night. I love the new album so much."

"Aww thanks," said Maxx "means a lot." You talked in friendly conversation until the food came. They really were a great bunch of guys, it was a shame that this would only happen once. As you all started eating, Zach said "You're so lucky (Y/N), to have Nando's so easy to get to."

You nodded. "That's just one positive, though. (Your city) is a place my favourite bands usually avoid, I mean, it took bribery to get you guys to come here."

"I tell you what, (Y/N)," Cody proposed "every time we do a UK tour, we will come here and you can provide us with Nando's. Every time." Your brain melted from shock, so you just nodded vigorously. You exchanged numbers with Set It Off to keep in touch and continued to talk and laugh and have a great time.

  When it was eventually time to say goodbye, you didn't feel so melancholy. You hugged each of them. "Now, you've got to remember to keep in touch, (Y/N)." Dan said.

"Definitely." You replied.

I started this ages ago, but never finished until now because I was trying to get it perfect. Set It Off are my all-time favourites, so expect a lot more of them coming. I decided I'll just finish it now because of the release of Midnight(It's a perfect album, isn't it?), so here it is. The song mentioned in it is 'Something New' from their album 'Upside Down'.

  VioletAdler0224