Good Times(Michael Hutchence One-Shot)

Somehow, you ended up in another club. Your friends had dragged you along, and as always, you spent your time against the wall doing not much at all. You just watched the carefree people on the dance floor. It's not that you didn't want to join them, you just had a fear of their stares and their judgement on the way that you moved.

In particular, you were watching a man with curly hair, wearing a leather jacket. He was so mystifying. He lit up the floor, shrouding the rest of the dancers. You continued to watch him as the song ended, and he left the stage followed by your friends.

Why did you feel so miserable? It's not like you made any attempt, why should you have gotten noticed? A new song started. He was evidently excited as he raced to the dance floor. It was probably his favourite song. On cue, your friends followed in his wake, hoping for another dance.

But he ignored them. He looked straight at you and smiled. He pointed at you, beckoning you to join him. You were stunned for a few moments that he chose you out of everyone. But you quickly made your way to the floor, not wanting to waste the opportunity.

Live, baby, live
now that the day is over
I got a new sensation, perfect moments
it's so impossible to refuse

You were slightly rigid at first, but then your stress and worries melted away.

Got a hold on you
(a new sensation, a new sensation)
Right now, it's gonna take you over
(a new sensation, a new sensation)

For all you knew, there could have been nobody else on the dance floor. You wanted the song to last forever, you were having the time of your life. You had never smiled so much, and it was all because of him.

Love, baby, love
it's written all over your face
there's nothing better we could do
than live forever
that's all we've got to do

The song ended and the beautiful feeling slowly melted away. You continued to look at each other with heaving chests and damp faces. Then, he leaned closer to you and spoke in your ear "You should dance more often, you're the best partner I've had in a long time, one of my kind. I'm Michael, by the way." And with that he walked out of the club.

You still went regularly, and danced with Michael whenever you could.

I have always been a huge fan of 80's music(despite not being alive during the decade), and INXS are one of my favourite bands. The song featured is 'New Sensation' by INXS. 'Good Times' is a song from the film 'The Lost Boys', it is sung by INXS and Jimmy Barnes. And, yes, Michael Hutchence is dead, but that doesn't stop me from loving him.

VioletAdler0224