Weird! (Dominic Harrison One-Shot)

It was prom. And it was so close you could almost taste it. Although you would never in a million years go anywhere near the prom committee, you were excited for the event in your own special way. Your boyfriend, Dom, had asked you out early days and you had the perfect dress. It was beautiful, but so unconventional and so you. You were practically bouncing around once you had gotten ready. When you heard your doorbell ring, you ran so fast to get it that you almost tripped up. When you opened the door, there he was. Dominic Harrison, your boyfriend, the love of your life, date to the prom. "You look amazing!" You all but screamed at him as he stepped into your house and gave you a quick kiss. "So do you, gorgeous." He replied. Dom wasn't long in the door before your Dad was standing with a camera, positioning you two for a photo.
   Once you got to the venue, you and Dom could feel how out of place you were. This event wasn't filled with people like you. In fact, it was filled with people against you who gave you funny looks and made comments that were just loud enough to hear. Even the teachers were wary of you. Nevertheless, you stayed. You just stuck to the sidelines and clasped yours and Dom's hands tighter. It wasn't the prom you had dreamed about, but at least you had Dom to get you through it.
   You had almost written the whole night off when Dom tugged on your arm. "Y/N! Y/N, do you hear that? They're playing good music." Sure enough, the dance floor had cleared and you finally heard a song that you liked. Grinning at each other, you and Dom ran to the middle of the floor, free of insecurity, ignoring other people's stares. You could have been the only two people in the whole room for the way you danced together. As you looked into Dom's eyes, it felt like your dream prom. It was fun, it was weird, but most importantly it was so you.

I have a further sheet of information in my 'Author Notes', so I suggest checking that also, it's entitled 'Class of 2020', so I really recommend it if that applies to you. Anyway, I know YUNGBLUD is not a band, I just love him and his music.
VioletAdler0224