Cheap Shots & Setbacks(Patty Walters One-Shot)

Today was it: the Annual Vans Warped Tour Charity Bowling Tournament. You were attending with your boyfriend Patty Walters to join the team as a fan. You were excited because this was your first time and couldn't wait to meet the competition. You knew that Our Last Night had won last year's game and that American bands were always better at bowling, but you and As It Is were determined to beat some of the UK bands.

You walked up to your lane hand-in-hand with Patty. "It's not too late to switch teams, (Y/N)." Came the familiar voice of Rob Damiani. You shook your head at him "No thank you, Rob. I'd like to be on the winning team." Foley gave you a high-five.

You were last to take your first go. Everyone else had done really quite well. You focused. "No!" You yelled. It had gone into the gutter. "So, do you know how to play bowling?" You walked back to your team. "Not now, Damiani!" You sat down feeling disappointed in yourself. Patty sat next to you. "I do know how to play, I just can't execute it. I'm sorry Patty." You leaned on Patty's shoulder. He took your hand. "There's absolutely no need to be sorry, (Y/N)." You sat like this until it was Patty's turn again. As It Is was playing so well that, for a moment, you thought it didn't matter how you did. So you went up and didn't overthink it, and... it wasn't great. You got a few pins down, but it wasn't great. You sat down. "I'm just not good enough." You mumbled to yourself.

"Hey (Y/N)? It's your turn again." Ben called. You stayed seated. Patty walked towards you. "I really am sorry Patty. I just can't go out there again, I can't let the team down." Patty put his hands on your shoulders. "There is nothing you can ever do to disappoint or let me down. I love you. I just find it a shame that you're not enjoying yourself. If you do change your mind, we can just have some final Warped Tour fun!" You thought about it for a second before nodding your head. "What did I do to deserve a boyfriend like you?" He made you feel so alive.

For the rest of the game you were all smiles and laughter. You played your hardest and had the best time. You were so glad to have been a part of it all. When it came to the scores, you didn't even care. All that mattered was that you were with some of your favourite people. As It Is, on the other hand, were fairly disappointed that they were beaten by Don Broco. You put your arms around Patty. "What happened to just having fun?" You joked. When he didn't cheer up, you became more serious. "Hey, I've had a great day, and this isn't going to change that. Are you going to let it?" Patty shook his head and gave you a smile. "Good! Now let's distract Rob so that he doesn't win any more games."

This is a real event. This story is based off of 2018's 11th Annual Vans Warped Tour Charity Bowling Tournament(the last one 😭). I have never been to a Vans Warped Tour, so this was heavily helped by Rock Sound's article: and this YouTube video from last year:. I tried to keep it to As It Is, but, as you know, I am also a big fan of Don Broco, so there will be touches of other bands in here, but the romance is sticking solely to Patty Walters. But, if you would like, I could write one for Don Broco or any other band there. The song 'Cheap Shots & Setbacks' is from their album 'Never Happy, Ever After', I highly suggest listening to it this time to get into the right mindset. I've said a lot.

VioletAdler0224