15- I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend.

"I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your neck."

Fallingforyou by The 1975 

"Your lips, my lips. Apocalypse."

Apocalypse by Cigarette After Sex

April 2015

Jade groggily opened her heavy eyelids and yawned as she woke up. There was a moment where she had forgotten that she had spent the night at Matty's. She twisted her body to the other side, carelessly messing up the shape of the sheets she was wrapped in and shortening the length of the shirt she slept in. It was a bit of a surprise to her that Matty had stayed there for the whole night, even more, that he had fallen asleep. He looked very at peace in his slumber and Jade was tempted to break it. She felt a pang in her stomach, something her anxiety often crafted for her. But this wasn't anxiety, it was anticipation beaming from her like sun rays. 

Just as Jade was about to wake him up by saying his name, Matty rubbed his eyes and groaned. Clockwork. The first thing he saw when he woke up was Jade's delicate smile and her way too observant eyes for someone who was supposed to be hungover.

"Hey," he said as softly as he could with his graveled morning voice. 

Jade's smile grew bigger, "You stayed."

He pushed the hair that hung in front of  her face behind her ear, "Did you doubt that I would, love?" 

Jade touched his hand to keep it resting on her face, she wanted it to stay there forever. He did too. "I was scared that you'd get in your head about us being friends or whatever."

There was his chance to continue their conversation from last night. He wanted to tell her how he also wanted to give the two of them a try. Something delayed his impulses like a break wall in the middle of the roaring sea. Acting impulsively was never hard for him, he was probably too good at it. Fear was the concrete that prevented bigger waves in shallow water. He breathed in to get ready to say something, trying his best to allow the tsunami to crash on the shore. Then, his uncharged phone rang on the nightstand next to him. "Fuck, it's George." He looked at the time. It was 10 am.  All the hope and want he built up for his honesty to show crumbled slowly, collateral damage of the ocean storm. He practically jumped out of the bed. His tone lost its softness, "I'm supposed to be at the studio right now. I have to go." He normally wouldn't be so worried in these situations, after all, they happened quite often, but the fear of his true feelings lingered within him.

Jade slipped out of the sheets and made her way over to Matty who was frantically pacing around his room. The combination of urgency and exhaustion was making him incapable of deciding what tasks he had to accomplish. He was also rather bewildered by the ease she carried with her. It was the complete opposite of the state he saw her in last night. Without any struggle, she grabbed his ringing phone from his hand. "I get to leave first, remember." Keeping Matty's shirt on, she slipped on her pants that she had worn the night before. His phone stayed in her possession so he couldn't leave before her, as it was easier for him because he was fully clothed. Holding on to a thoughtfully quick pace, Jade searched for her shirt on his floor. She couldn't find it, so she made her way into the doorway. She tossed him his phone, "I can't find my top, so I'm gonna have to return this to you at another time," she pulled on the shirt she was wearing, "I'll see you sometime soon, I'm assuming." The lack of enthusiasm in her voice was confusing, and the confusion was even worse when she vanished around the corner of the door frame. Matty supposed this was her giving a taste of his own medicine.