17- Get in the Shower If It All Goes Wrong.

Not All Who Wander Are Lost by Lana Del Rey

"You talk to God like I do, I think you know the same secrets that I do."

Butterflies by Kacey Musgraves

"Untangled all the strings 'round my wings that were tied."

April 2015

In a much calmer fashion than the night before, Matty knocked on the door to Jade's flat. He would never admit to anyone that he was nervous, even though he himself could not internally deny it. It was easy for him to keep a cool exterior, as visceral anxiety was no longer there. Jade had said yes to this date already. Rejection was not a factor for him to worry about. Bluntly, it was fucking it up that he had to be mindful of. 

"Hey," Jade said as she answered the door. Her face lit up like the new spring sun was shining on it after a bitter winter. 

"Hey," he said softly.

Jade backed away from the door to let him in. "I'm ready to go, I just have to grab my purse."

She disappeared into her bedroom for a moment, leaving Matty alone in her living room.  He had spent enough time in the space to know every corner and vortex, but he never had a chance to take in all the small things. From a distance, he looked at the window across the room. The blinds were closed and he wondered why. It was rather cloudy and grey outside, as it normally was in London. There was no sun to shield away.

Jade suddenly appeared from her room, purse in her grasp, "So? Where are you whisking me off tonight?"

"I can't tell you, love. I'm afraid that would ruin the surprise."

She started approaching him, slowly reaching out a hand for him to take hold of. "Giving me a taste of my own medicine, are you?" she replied, causing him to recall their first night together in Chicago. 

"It's only fair," he noted. Jade kept walking toward the door which forced Matty to turn around. Before they completely left her flat, Matty turned to her, "Why are your blinds closed?"

Jade shot him a rather confused look as she pulled her door shut behind her, "Hm?"

"The blinds in your living room are closed, but the sun's not out," he leaned in close to her ear, "Up to no good, babe?"

They started to make their way past the other flats and down the stairs. She giggled for a second and then shook her head. "It's a busy street down there. I have a bit of a problem being perceived in the comfort of my own home." 

"Aren't you being perceived by keeping your blinds closed? The hermit who lives in flat 202."

Jade frowned dramatically and insincerely, "Thanks for ruining my apartment for me."

They made it to the building's front door. Matty opened the door and they walked outside. He grabbed Jade's waist and pulled her closer to him. He smirked, "I suppose that means you'll just have to spend more time at mine." 

She placed her hands on his chest, withholding a kiss for him. "Nice one," she smirked back. It was their love language at this point. Her hands fell back to her side. Matty sloped down and placed a kiss on her lips, making her smirk disappear into a smile. "Tube or cab?" She asked.

"I drove this time," he answered after leading her towards the sidewalk. His car was at the curb. He opened the passenger door for her. She took a seat. Her eyes followed him as he walked to the driver's seat. He had a pep in his step that made her laugh to herself a bit. A cool, slick lead singer of a band treated her with the utmost chivalry. It was more than charm that made her heart beat fast. They became three-dimensional around each other, capable of feeling every pleasurable emotion a the same time.